Saturday, August 21, 2010

And we're walking....

Miss Raya is turning into quite the walking machine I tell ya! I haven't gotten around to uploading a movie, but here are some pics to give you an idea of how she does :-)

First she lets go and starts to walk...it's very nervewracking for her to get started haha

Yikes!!


Then she finds her groove!



She made it to her destination!

She was carrying around a post it note for who only knows what reason!

Down the hallway....she's got places to go!



Luckily she still does know enough to sit down before trying the stairs!



Once she falls down though she has to buttscoot until she finds something to pull up on. She doesn't know how to just stand up in the middle of the floor on her own.



"Mama, I can too stand up! I just choose not to..."

This is why Miss Raya must wear a hair clippie at all times, even with pjs...check out her hair!

"Is that you Mama? I can't see you!"

In other non walking related news, Miss Raya  is stinkin' hilarious. Her latest funny antics involve the puppies. She likes to lick up her cereal like a puppy, she likes to yell "no, no!" at the puppies (even the neighbors puppy), and yesterday after Griffin pooped on the kitchen floor (don't even ask!) I was on my hands and knees scrubbing it up and then I look over at Raya imitating me, on her hands and knees using her owl lovie toy to scrub the floor too! I almost died laughing.

Yesterday her activity of choice was filling her big bowl with plastic lids and then dumping them on herself.





Today we were going to take Raya to the Iowa State Fair, but decided the long drive and heat wasn't worth the short amount of time we'd want to stay. So instead we took Raya to the nearby "ghetto zoo", which is basically some poor caged animals in rural Iowa at a local park haha....but she enjoyed watching the ducks!

Of course she had to look cute for our little outting...

Check out how skinny her little legs are getting!


And I didn't take any pics of us while out on our family outting today, but I did manage to take a couple quickies before we left of Raya and I, since it's been awhile since I made it into a picture



Love my girl(s)!!!

Thanks for checking in with us today! ...and let me know if you like the new blog. It's much easier for me to post pics and format my entries using this blog program compared to the old one, and there are also other cool things I can do here like follow other blogs etc. that I couldn't do before. This program is a way more popular blogging site anyways, so I think it'll be easier all around.

**Oh, and  if you want to leave a comment here you just click at the bottom of this entry where it says "0 comments"...or it might say "1 comment" or however many comments the entry already has....but anyways, after you click that you will see a spot to type your comment and then under that box is a drop down menu where you can click "annonymous"....so you don't have to be a member to leave a comment. Let me know if you have problems figuring it out!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I left a message but it didn't show up? Raya looks sooo cute walking. I'm glad you found a site that works for you! Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see your comment so it worked as far as I can tell :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)