Thursday, August 26, 2010

Look at her mouth and you'll see dollar signs....

Miss Raya's mouth is a hot mess....I mean really, her teeth are absolutely crazy! Between the gap in front, the teeth next to the gap coming in behind, creating buck tooth gap teeth, and then the other crazy little teeth popping up I just see $$$ when I look at her mouth haha. Lee and I both have great teeth, never had braces, etc...I have no idea what messed up genetics gave her these bad boys. In an attempt to cover all our bases we have started operation paci-be-gone though. A lot of people say that really, teeth are genetic and usually a  little paci use doesn't actual cause crooked teeth, especially since Raya only gets it in bed and she's still only 15 months old. BUT, Lee doesn't want to take any chances, so he decided last night to snip the end of Raya's paci. Every day or so we'll snip off a little more until the paci is gone (we read about this technique online as a good one to use for kids Raya's age). Last night Raya didn't seem to mind at all, but today at nap time she refused to sleep and cried all morning instead of napping...every time I went into her room the paci was thrown on the floor haha. So I think she's on to us :-P She did finally fall asleep for an afternoon nap though so hopefully we can get rid of the paci over the next week or so....and with any luck maybe her teeth will magically fix themselves just to reward our good faith effort :-) If not, I guess we'll start a braces fund soon!

Completely unflattering pic, yes, but this is what we're dealing with in her mouth!

Raya, please don't flaunt your crazy money draining teeth in my face all day :-)

Mama, how about THIS smile then...see, no teeth!

It's a good thing she's still so stinkin' cute, bad teeth and all!!




Raya!! You're just taunting me with those teeth now! :-P



I'm very sweet and innocent Mama

And before you all start thinking we're horrible parents giving  her a complex about her teeth, rest assured that we do realize she's still the cutest little thing ever...and I bet she'll have everyone wishing for teeth like hers just so they can attempt to duplicate some of her cuteness :-)

2 comments:

  1. Por little Raya!!!
    I would set up an appointment with a dentist just to see whAT HE SAYS, SHE GOT HER TEETH FROM MY SIDE , I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DIDN'T NEED BRACES, BUT OURS WERE CROUDED, NOT EXTRA SPACE!
    LOVE,GRAMA F

    ReplyDelete
  2. You decided to join the blogspot world, yay! I like it. Cute background too!
    My mom is a dental hygentist...her office doesn't start dentist visits until 3 years old, but if you are having concerns you could always take her in. I wouldn't recommend my mom's boss though, he isn't the most patient with children..however, I WOULD recommend my mom because she is the most gentle dental hygentist on the face of the planet, and I'm not just saying that! :) My mom always tells me that the baby teeth can be COMPLETELY different than the adult teeth, so don't worry quite yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)