Saturday, February 26, 2011

Daddy's back!

So for the last  two days I was a 24/7 stay at home mom...lord help  me! :-P Lee had a work  thing Friday night and then had to work today (they are on a rotating schedule of working Saturdays, and he works one Sat. every couple months)....so he just stayed with a friend last night to save himself the commute. Now I've  pretty much got things down for dealing with the girls during the day, but  I do count on Lee at night to help with dinner, play with Raya and do her bedtime routine, and do everything with the dogs. ....so even though he doesn't do much with Brielle I definitely notice when he's gone....and it makes  for some long hard days!! (Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy staying home with my girls and would hate to be taking Brielle to daycare any time soon!!! ...but like when someone says "why don't you go back to work then if it's that hard/stressful staying home?" I feel like saying, "just because I choose to be a stay at home mom that doesn't mean I don't get to bitch about my job. Everyone else who works paying  jobs outside  the home gets to bitch about their jobs, so I don't see why stay at home moms can't bitch about theirs." :-)

So anyways, Lee came home this afternoon and we were so happy...Miss Raya especially!! He got her up from her nap as a surprise and I just heard her saying "Dada?! Dada?!" when he went into her room, and when he came out carrying her she had the biggest smile on her face!!

The cutest thing was that  she kept hugging him and crawling on him, like she just couldn't get herself enough daddy :-P

Daddy did his special "you can pick  out your own hair pretty" thing after nap, and I love watching him "do" his little girls hair. (Although I must admit that sometimes I cringe at Raya's hair pretty choices....the girl doesn't always know how to coordinate!)


Notice the new doll Raya is holding?? Well Lee's Godparents sent the girls a package today...yay for fun surprises! They sent Brielle a couple outfits and a cute robe, and they sent this neat doll for big sister! I  can tell  the doll is going to be a favorite too. She is removeable out of her "crinkly" little flower/leaf pod and the little pod has an attached butterfly that you can velcro to things or hide in the little  leaf flap. And the little baby doll is cute and soft and has a removeable hat. Raya was mighty impressed with it all...

This is what  a "daddy hairdo" looks like :-P


Here are the rest  of the "goods" :-)

A cute  kitty robe  for Brielle, which will  come in handy this summer at the pool/ splash pad!


A cute little pink and brown outfit. Size 0-3 months


...and then this outfit, which is  right  up Raya's alley. She might try to steal it from Brielle....it's  her Pooh! :-)  ...although this outfit says 3-6, but looks  absolutely huge!


So  thanks to Marilyn for sending those ...always fun to get presents for  Brielle!

...and speaking of Brielle, Daddy got some cuddles in with her when he got home too




Isn't Brielle's outfit cute? I got this outfit off ebay before she was born, along with 5 other outfits (the  blue and pink cupcake sweatsuit and the pink panda bear sweatsuit, both of which she's worn already....they were 2 of the others that I got along with this one) ...well anyways, all 6 outfits were in great condition and Carter's brand and I  got them for a grand total of (drumroll please!) .....$10 and free shipping! Can't  beat that :-)  And our favorite hat  looks like it was made to match!



Ok, this picture is seriously the cutest thing ever....prepare yourselves.

Are you ready for it?

So Brielle has, like I said, recently started doing "real" smiles. She makes me work for them though...they are something she hands out willy nilly :-P Well today we discovered that  there is someone who can get her smiling quite  easily...big  brother Gunner! He gave her a big wet, sloppy puppy kiss and I caught this grin just in the nick of time!!!!


Ok, lastly tonight, a couple pics from earlier today before  Lee got home. First  off, I have  another picture to add to my collection of "birth control" pictures:


Yeah, so I  was on the couch feeding Brielle and Raya was eating snack. Next thing I know she deliberately dumps all the food on the living room floor and then sits down to watch TV like nothing happened!!!

Obviously I saw this and said "Raya, no no! Pick  up your snack and put it back  in the bag!" and she looked right at me, stood up, and then proceeded to STOMP on the food with her feet!


And don't ask what's up with her  hair....somethin weird was happening with her hair pretty lol
 The  child is evil people.

Brielle just looked on like "what  are we going to do with her Mama?"


And finally, I'm not sure where Raya learned the whole hide and seek thing, but today she insisted on hiding under the dining room table! She'd say "hide Mama!" and she'd crawl  under the table and I would walk around the room saying "Raya! Where'd Raya  go?!" and she'd giggle and giggle under the table until I'd bend down and look at her under there and yell " there she is!!" ....only to repeat the whole  process for about 30 minutes (and yes, she hid under the table every single t ime :-P)


Like I said at the beginning of this entry, staying at home (especially in the winter with a newborn and the stress of trying to move, etc.) is hard! However if I was working outside of the home and Raya was at daycare I would be missing all of these things!! I'm so glad I'm around to see her "hide", dance with her when the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song comes on, watch her language  take off (she said her  first sentence this week!!....she said "I need milk Mama!" :-) ....etc. etc. And compared to when I was on maternity leave with Raya it's nice not having to stress about going back to work and figuring out the daycare situation with a newborn this time around! Now if we could just get the house sold and get summer to arrive I will  go back to loving the whole stay at home mom thing even more!

Happy Saturday! Please enjoy a couple more pics on your way out...


3 comments:

  1. What a great update!!!! The pics of Raya and Lee are soooo cute!!!! I knew some day that little girl would steal his heart!!!! What a cute doll, what did Raya name her? That pic of Brielle and Gunnar could win a contest somewhere!!! What a nice collection of clothes from Lee's godmother!
    Love the pics of Raya's snack on the floor!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls! How old is the big sister?
    Mine is 21 months and baby sis is 5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big sis Raya is 21 months :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)