I stole this little get to know ya survey from a bloggy friend...so here are my answers! :-)
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
Before we had kids they were definitely our babies. Griffin is "mine" and Gunner is Lee's. Griffin's first year he probably got more attention than a human infant would have....he had a wardrobe of clothes and was spoiled rotten! If I'm being honest though, once I had Raya they went back to being dogs again haha. Definitely dogs that I love, but I just can't put them anywhere near the level of my own girls. My mom always says it's like that movie "Marley and Me" though...poor Griffin probably wonders what the hell happened! :-) Luckily for both the puppies Lee still treats them like big babies....he cuddles them on the couch every night.
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Well, besides things I already have I guess my current "dream" would be for our house to sell for full asking price and then find a dream house in our new location for little to no money! :-)
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
I'd buy a house, take some vacations, and never work again in my life! Well, maybe become a professional shopper haha
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Playing with my girls....or going out to eat and shopping with Lee
5. What is your bedtime routine?
Raya goes to bed between 7-8, then Brielle and I usually cuddle and do her bedtime routine so that she can go to bed around 9pm. Then if I'm not exhausted Lee and I stay up and watch our DVR'd TV shows :-)
6. What activities did you do in high school? If you could go back, would you do the same stuff or something different?
Basketball and golf, choir, band (played the flute), jazz band (played the keyboard), speech (did both individual and group speech), did the plays and musicals every fall and spring....I pretty much did everything. That's what I love about goinng to a small school (graduating class was 40 something I think :-) ...I hope my girls get to go there too!
7. What kind of books do you read?
Lately I've been reading chidlren's books! But I also like to read classics, and girly love stories (not romance novels though)
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully working at a job I love, raising 3 kids and attending all their events, etc....still married and living in a nice new (to us) house!
9. What's your fear?
Something happening to Raya or Brielle. Right now I'm specifically terrified of SIDS since Brielle is right in the 2-4 month prime time range for it :-o
10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
No!!! There are very little things I'd give up junk food for haha
11. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Brielle usually wakes me up by 6am. I unwrap her from her swaddle and let her stretch while I drink a cup of coffee. Then I change and feed her so that we can cuddle and watch morning TV or play on the computer until Raya wakes up between 8-9am.
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
Um, either that he was in love with babies and begged to get up in the middle of the night OR that he was obsessed with buying me gifts so that I'd never want for anything ;-P
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I've actually always liked my name. I think it's unique enough that I don't have to specify which Shawna I am when I'm in large groups....and I've never been teased about it or anything. I can't think of any other name that I'd prefer.
14. If you could choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
Sun!! But I hate being in hot weather so I'd choose the sun of a spring or fall day....highs in the upper 60s to low 70s :-)
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Oh god, this is a tough one. Either cereal or, if I knew it wouldn't make me sick, icecream!
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I love that my girls will have so much of their life documented to look back on. I like blogging for family and friends to read, but I mostly do it for my girls. I use blurb.com to turn this blog into books for them. I would love to have something like this to look back and read about my own childhood, and I think it will be so fun for them when they are older to read all of this! I also like connecting with other people through my blog and staying in touch with family and friends that we don't often get to see.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet food?
SWEETS. I wouldn't shed one tear if I could never eat another potato chip, but take away my cookies, icecream, or candy and you won't live to see tomorrow ;-)
18. What items are in your purse right now?
I rarely carry a purse right now b/c I just use the diaper bag. So it's full of all the girls' stuff, and then I just stick my money and stuff in my pants pocket usually!
19. Name 3 things on your bucketlist?
I assume this means what 3 things I want to do before I die or something? Well let's see....
1. Have baby #3
2. Find a job I love
3. Take an RV roadtrip across the U.S.
20. What do you watch on television that you shouldn't?
Oh man, what guilty pleasure shows DON'T I watch would be easier to list! haha
The worse ones are probably Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, American Idol....