Last night I made my first skirt attempt. It may have taken me about 3 hours, and I may have stumbled along the way (like sewing the skirt shut accidentally when trying to sew together the layers haha) but in the end it turned out to be a cute skirt that I would totally let Raya wear in public :-) I want to make this skirt next with my owl fabric like I posted yesterday, but fabric is expensive!!! So I wanted my "practice" skirt to be with cheaper fabric.
Overall I'm happy with the looks of the skirt...
But I"m definitely not ready to start selling them yet! I need to practice "finishing" the inside seems so that they look more professional. Right now they are unfinished and look like this:
Where I sewed the layers together looks nice
And when I sewed the hem I thought I was doing awesome....here's what I saw as I sewed it:
But then I turned the skirt over and saw the other side---the side that shows haha
^^Not pretty LOL
Apparently the lower thread tension setting on my sewing machine was off. I didn't know this until it was too late. Luckily you don't really notice the crazy stitches when Raya wear the skirt, but I definitely wouldn't sell one like this. I need to check my tension more often while sewing I guess.
It looks very cute on Raya. I made it an inch shorter than the pattern called for , b/c of her short legs. But I forgot to account for her ghetto booty haha...so I maybe should have made it the longer length ....but she can pull off the short skirt I think :-)
It looks cute from the side too
Raya likes it!
Lastly, here are a couple quick pics from when we played outside yesterday afternoon...