Sunday, April 3, 2011

A quick PS

So just a quick add-on to my post from a little while ago...I wanted to share that I did get Raya's Minnie Mouse shirt done while Brielle napped this afternoon. It was hilarious b/c I finished all the sewing and held it up and was so proud...not a single error...every stitch was perfect! BUT, then I went to kind turn it inside out and realized that while sewing around one entire Minnie ear I had inadvertantly sewed through both the front and back of the shirt....I had sewed the shirt shut!!! I was so mad at myself LOL....so I had to get a stitch ripper and tear out the stitches on one whole ear and redo it. It still looks pretty good, but not as perfect as the first time! :-P



I had intended to do Raya's in a color scheme to coordinate with Sawyer's but  I didn't have any white shirts in her size, or black or red! So I ended up using this aqua, which actually turned out pretty cute. I tried sewing Raya's letters with contrasting stitching as opposed to the same color like on Sawyers....

Unfortunately this size 3T shirt is pretty big on Raya! I need to try and shrink it a little maybe...so she doesn't model it as well as if it fit. Oh well, I did my best! This was the only pic I could get of her showing the entire shirt design :-P  Raya was soooo excited to wear this though...she kept saying "mick mick! mick mick!" haha...and she cried when I took it off her, so I had to put another of her mickey shirts on her instead :-P


....and then this was just an outtake that I thought was cute

7 comments:

  1. I love the Minnie shirt, love the color combo and the bow!!! Is there anything you could add to the boys like the bow adds to the girls!! Just an idea.
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. I looked online and didn't see anyone add anything to Mickey other than put a # or name on it's face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a bow tie!
    Love,Grama Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute minnie shirt. now you just need to take her to disney, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told Lee that once our 3rd and final kid is old enough to go we are taking a family trip there! :-) He's never been and I never went until high school. I want to go when the girls are young enough to go hug all the princesses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boys like to hug princesses too!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, I think you've been spending too much time with Sawyer!! haha I told Emily I made Sawyer a Mickey shirt and I said "I hope he doesn't get jealous of the bow on Raya's b/c I made her a Minnie one" and she goes "oh, well yes....he *does* love Minnie too!!" :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)