Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Always my sister, forever my friend.

This afternoon Raya requested a photoshoot with her sister. She told me where to lay Brielle and she said "cheese!" haha. She loves her sister so much, it makes me smile :-) Today she started calling Brielle by name too, rather than "sissy"...she's growing up too fast!

So here's my ode to their sisterly bond. You can thank Raya for the multitude of pictures!


"If you don't understand how a girl could both love her sister dearly and want to ring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."


"Sisters are flowers from the same garden."


"All because two people fell in love."


"Sisters by  chance, friends by choice."


"A sister is someone who knows everything about you and loves you anyways."



"I'm smiling because I am your sister. I'm laughing because there is nothing you can do about it!"



 "I loved you too much to just be your friend so God let me be your sister."


"Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship."



"I smile because you are my sister."


"When Mom and Dad don't understand, a sister always will."


"An older sister is a friend and defender--a listener, conspirator, a counselor, and sharer of delights. And sorrows too."


"Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize.  Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks.  Borrow.  Break.  Monopolize the bathroom.  Are always underfoot.  But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there.  Defending you against all comers."



I've spoiled Miss Raya a lot in her short life....but the best thing I ever gave her was her "sissy." I'm so happy that they have each other :-)

*Don't miss my earlier update from today!! I just couldn't pass up spreading the sisterly love tonight haha*

3 comments:

  1. Love the update!!!!! You can just tell how much Raya adores Brielle!!! I can't wait until they are older, it will be fun to watch them!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  2. it cracks me up because i remember us talking about sisters and you always insisted you were glad you didn't have one because you thought you'd always fight, and you wanted a boy and girl because you and your brother got along so well. :P

    hopefully raya and brielle never fight like my sister and i did or else you're in for a fun adolescence with those two! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you invent memories about me LOL. No, I've always wished I had a sister. I like my brother too, and we were close growing up--it's hard to be close to a brother as adults though.

    I know they'll fight--all siblings do :-) They'll still love each other!

    Shawna
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)