Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tutus and tractors

My dad picked up this tutu for Raya. It was at some garage sale or second hand place, but it's Gymboree and still had the tags attached! He thought it looked like something I'd put on Raya and he was right...she rocked the yellow tutu today :-)

Thanks Grandpa!








Have I ever mentioned how much I love having little girls?! haha. If our last kid is a boy I will be fine with it, b/c I already got 2 little girls just like I wanted! But if I had only had boys I'm not sure what I would have done! Missed out on adorable tutus for one I guess LOL

...and Lee? Well, he obviously would love our 3rd (and final!) kid to be a boy, but he loves his girls and would survive having 3 daughters. Afterall, tutus and tractors go together like PB&J right? ;-)


In other news, Raya is a budding photographer ...check out her latest work:


She also took THIS picture today:


Remind me never to let her  take  my picture :-P

Then I asked if she wanted to have her picture taken with Barney and Baby Bop....she happily obliged


THen she proceeded to try stuffing Baby Bop down her skirt...don't  ask!


In Brielle news, this was her  last night


This photo compells me to offer first time moms some advice from a been there, done that mom. See the above swing? It's not mine. Why? Because I would *never* pick out something so gaudy and non girlish or cute...I mean, it doesn't even go with my home decor!

....yeah, sounds stupid, doesn't it? Well, that was me when I was pregnant with Raya. See, I swear most first time moms go through the same thing. We are all excited to be having a baby and oh my, the baby registry is one of the most fun things ever to fill out. And when I was filling out mine I wanted everything "cute" and things like the pack and play and swing I thought should "match" my living room decor because I swore I wouldn't be one of those people who's house is in shambles and totally a decorating fail, just because I had a baby. So what did I do? I picked out an adorable baby swing that matched my decor...NOT the swing above. Why then is Brielle happily sleeping in someone else's swing? It's because Lee and I having been anxiously awaiting the day that Harper outgrew her swing so that we could have it!!! This swing was a lifesaver for us with Raya and Brielle  loves it too. It has all the important things a swing should have--and I don't give a damn that it doesn't match my house b/c the important thing is that the baby likes it and actually sleeps! :-)  So there....that's my advice for you first time moms. Pick the ugliest, most obnoxiously colored baby equipment because that's what the kids like. And you won't give a damn if it matches your decor or personal taste because in all honesty your house will look like THIS before you know it:


And any mom who says her house isn't an explosion of primary colored plastic is either lying or has unhappy children....I"m serious. This is what a happy house looks like :-)

....and happy babies like crazy fish mobiles that spin and light up!



Thanks Harper for letting us borrow the beloved fish swing!!! :-)

Hmmm, what  else? Well Brielle  is in the 4th of July spirit today!


She's red, white and cute! That's for sure :-) And where's the blue? Well she has that covered with those pretty eyes of hers!






I gave Raya and "icecream" sandwich today and became the coolest mom ever in her  eyes. A reduced fat grahm cracker with a little fat free cool whip haha....oh yeah, she's living the life now!


For Tot School today we read all of our books and watched some letter "B" videos on you tube. Raya is excited to jump ahead to letter "R" though I think :-)



Then for our art activity today Raya finger painted for the first time! I wasn't sure how she'd handle it since she typically has an aversion to "messy" things, but she actually had a lot of fun with it.



I had to explain that it  was OK to get messy :-)


Then we got our whole hand in there and did handprints :-)


Today was mostly a warm up activity for a bigger activity I have planned later...stay tuned!

And finally, you know you're a mom when your fridge looks like this


...and despite the messy house and ugly plastic toy decor I can't think of anything better than being a mom to my two beautiful girls!!!

2 comments:

  1. cute tutu, good job grandpa!
    love Brielle's onesie. she has the cutest smile!
    i'm going to get Kaylee some finger paint so we can do some fun crafts I found online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raya looks soooo cute in her yellow tutu!!!! Love the pic she took of her face, she looks like she has miss piggys nose!!!!!! I can't believe how much those kids love that swing, I remember when you picked out yours, you thought you would love it!!! Your house looks like a very fun place for two pretty little girls to live!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)