Monday, July 11, 2011

6 months ago...

...I met my "baby girl", my "sweet pea", Raya's "sissy", Miss Brielle Alyn, for the first time...


All you moms out there can, I'm sure, understand the feeling when I say "OMG, half a year has flown by so fast! I can remember my preggo belly like it was just yesterday- really."

And now today I have a happy, healthy, GROWING 6 month old. My smiley second born. We all just  love her...and it's easy to see why.


Looking at her one month photo you can tell she's really grown. Look at how big the onesie sticker looked  on her tiny one month old body! :-)



As for stats, I weighed her on our scale and a rough estimate is that she's about 16 lbs. At this age Raya was 19.5 lbs LOL. I remember Raya was wearing 12 month clothes easily by now...Brielle is still growing into size 9 month stuff. Developmentally they  are very close. Raya wasn't doing much rolling at this age, but Brielle is a rolling machine. Raya was slightly ahead at  sitting though, and could sit on her own for a minute or two by now--Brielle is just starting to work on that. Raya was eating like a piggy at this age, and Brielle still will only eat a few bites of solids here and there. She'd rather blow raspberries and splatter me with her food :-P Brielle is still in size 3 diapers, has zero teeth, and her eyes are still blue. Her hair color is very similiar to Raya's at this age. By this age Raya would "make strange" with people, but Brielle is still a social butterfly and happily goes to anyone willing to show her attention! I was looking back at my blog and saw that Raya was sleeping through the night consistently by now...Brielle is no where near that. I think much of the problem is that Brielle is still in our room, and Raya was in her own room by 6 weeks old. Lee is thinking about switching rooms around this week to get Raya in a big girl bed and Brielle in the crib. We'll see. Brielle IS taking naps in her crib though and doing well with that. She drinks 4-6 oz of formula about 6 times a day, then nurses during the night. She takes 3 naps a day, none of which lasts more than about 45 min.

She's definitely her own little person and dealing with Raya now at this very difficuly age makes me really enjoy Brielle now at what is possibly one of my favorite ages. Sometimes I wish I could experience Brielle as an only child so that I could enjoy her at this age more. That's something very special that you only get once, with your first born. I hope Brielle continues to stay an easy going baby -- God knows I've got my handsfull enough with Miss Raya!

Here is a comparison of Raya and Brielle, both at 6 months.




When I was looking for a comparison photo I realized that Brielle and Raya have both started doing a "sucky lip face" at this exact same age LOL. I had to do a comparison of it :


Must be a teething thing or something!


I found a poem for today's occassion--Happy 6 months baby girl, I love you so much!

Mother's Heart
I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
Our life together has just begun
You're part of me my little one.
As mother with child, each day I grew,
My mind was filled with thoughts of you.

I'd daydream of the things we'd share,
Like late-night bottles and Teddy bears.
Like first steps and skinned knees,
Like bedtime stories and ABC's.
I thought of things you'd want to know,
Like how birds fly and flowers grow.

I thought of lessons I'd need to share,
Like standing tall and playing fair.
When I first saw your precious face,
I prayed your life be touched with grace.
I thanked the angels from above,
And promised you unending love.

Each night I lay you down to sleep,
I gently kiss your head and cheek.
I count your little fingers and toes;
I memorize your eyes and nose.
I linger at your nursery door,
Awed each day I love you more.

Through misty eyes, I dim the light,
I whisper, "I love you" every night.
I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
As mother and child our journeys begin,
My heart's yours forever little one.


"No more pictures Mama"


"Smile!"



I got the idea for the sticker on the butt from another blog I read, but had never remembered to do it until today LOL



And to end, I found this poem while I was looking for the one above....and I fell in love with it. It rings so true, and I feel like I should share it today because  I don't want Miss Raya to look back at the blog  and feel like I'm "bashing" her 2 year old self LOL. She will always be my #1 girl, my first born, my "chunkbutt", Miss  Raya Marie! There's enough love for them both, despite how ungodly difficult age 2 is shaping up to be (I mean seriously, yesterday we battled for no less than 30 minutes because Raya refused to let lee put on her shirt and I wasn't about to give in to her so she went back and forth to timeout admist screaming and throwing herself against walls, etc. until she FINALLY just let Lee do it!)   ...I know age 2 doesn't  last forever though (and people tell me age 3 is worse--I hope they're wrong!)....and through it all I wouldn't do things differently if I had the choice. Two girls, twice the love, twice the fun! :-)

Here's that poem I mentioned--enjoy :-)

As I hold your 2-year-old hand, basking in the glow of our magical
relationship, I suddenly wonder: How could I ever love another child as I love you?

Then she is born, and I watch you.
I watch the pain you feel at having to share me,
as you've never shared me before.
I hear you telling me in your own way,
"Please love only me."
And I hear myself telling you in mine,
"I can't," knowing, in fact, that I never can again.
I almost see our new baby as an intruder
on the precious relationship we once shared.
A relationship we can never quite have again.
But then, barely noticing, I find myself attached to that new being, and
feeling almost guilty.
I'm afraid to let you see me enjoying her.
-- as though I am betraying you.
But then I notice your resentment change,
first to curiosity, then to protectiveness,
finally to genuine affection.
More days pass, and we are settling into a new
routine.

The memory of days with just the two of us is fading fast.
But something else is replacing those wonderful times we shared, just we
two.
There are new times -- only now, we are three.
I watch the love between you grow, the way you look at each other, touch
each other.
I watch how she adores you -- as I have for so long.
I see how excited you are by each of her new accomplishments.
And I begin to realize that I haven't taken something from you, I've given
something to you.
I notice that I am no longer afraid to share my love openly with both of
you.
I find that my love for each of you is as different as you are, but equally
strong.

And my question is finally answered,
to my amazement..
Yes, I can love another child as much as I love you-- only differently.
And although I realize that you may have to share my time, I now know you'll
never share my love.
There's enough of that for both of you
-- you each have your own supply.
I love you -- both and I thank you both for blessing my life.

~author unknown

My favorite picture of my favorite people:



4 comments:

  1. Happy 6 months Miss Brielle. I agree it goes by way to fast. I cant believe that Keira is 7 months old and in 18 days she'll be 8 months old! its going by to fast if you ask me!
    Brielle & Raya don't really look alike. Keira was 18lbs 10oz at her 7 month check up. I need to go look at Kaylee's book and see what she was cause I think Kaylee was chubbier.

    Brielle is adorable, love the sucked in lip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 months sure flies fast! Brielle looks like such a darling... Love love love her eyes!

    ~Anu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make me cry right before I go to bed!!!! The first poem was sweet, the second one was a tear jerker! I'm sure that is exactly what they are thinking and what we are thinking!!!Happy birthday to my pretty pretty Brielle!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe she is starting to fit into 9 month clothes already. Miss Sam is still in 3-6 month clothes. Haven't weighed her for a few weeks, but I'm sure she has finally hit the 17 lb mark. The comparison pic is great she is her own person now for sure. You can tell they are sisters though. I do love you favorite pic as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)