Friday, November 18, 2011

In the dog house....and other ramblings

So Lee and the  dogs were out of town last Friday through this Wednesday. Oh good lord people, that was a long time to be a single parent---and the sad part is that even Lee will  tell  you he hardly helps out with the kids *that* much....so the fact that  I noticed his absence probably had  a lot to do with the fact that showers were hard to come by and my most elaborate conversations were with a 2 year old :-P
So anyways, Lee's claim to fame in the helpful catergory is taking care of the dogs---and so I  sure did send them  with him on his hunting trip LOL. Well, apparently Griffin ate/did something that  made him ill because  yesterday he wouldn't  eat or  poop, he started puking last night, still wouldn't eat this morning, etc. etc. I  knew about his issues last night but didn't think it was a huge  problem---just an upset stomach.  So  imagine my shock and horror when Lee calls me at 7am and basically says "I"m just walking into  work but wanted to tell  you that you need to get Griffin to the vet today because I think  he might be  dying---maybe a blockage or something---still  won't  eat" etc.  etc. Basically  I stopped listening and started getting pissed  at "he might be dying" and the fact that  he still went to work and left me with dealing with two little ones and a sick  dog while trying to find a vet (we hadn't found one since moving  here) ....and any mom knows mornings are crazy with getting dressed, breakfast, and all  that  crap. So anyways, to make a long  story (rant) short my mom saved the day and took the morning off work and got Griffin into her vet and all is well. He's not dying. He does have inflamation and  they gave him some meds---something flared him up whether  it be something he ate or whatever....but it's not life  threatening. However, *Lee's* life is the one in jepordy after that little stunt, so I guess  you could say that  currently it's my husband, and not the dog, who's in the dog house! :-P

In other  news, I'm planning to go xmas shopping without kids this weekend (revenge is sweet Lee! Enjoy them :-)    ....and I still have no idea what to  get Brielle. We've got Xmas and her birthday...and while  I know that a baby her age doesn't NEED anything really, I would hate for her first Xmas photos to be her with nothingness watch Raya  open presents haha. So anyone have ideas? We've got the basic toys covered---Raya's hand me downs. I'm trying to avoid things  that take up tons of space. Anything "special" that  your little ones got for their first  Christmas? Or  do you have  grand  ideas  for your own kid that  you wanna share? :-)

To end, today  I'm thankful that my puppy is fine! And I'm also thankful for the weekend,  because  let me  tell  ya, Mama NEEDS A BREAK! :-) Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your dog is ok! Guys they can be so over dramatic!!

    I saw this while I was browsing online at WalMart, I might get one for Keira. She loves to hug babies and snuggle Dr Suess character, but I liked that you could get the baby personalized with their name and matching hair color. Just an idea...

    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personalized-Rag-Doll/17375499


    Joeylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doll is super cute, I think I am going to get it for my cousin's baby. Are you going to get it for Brielle? If not maybe I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's really cute. I hadn't had a chance yet to order anything for Brielle---if you wanna get her one you sure can--we were going to invite you to her birthday :-) Just let me know so then I won't get it. I like the light brown hair with green dress one the best!

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay :-) Poor thing won't be totally neglected then. I finished xmas shopping for Raya today and once again Brielle got nothin' lol. She may get the paper from Raya's gifts!

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend has the leap frog scout puppy (it's green) for her son. You plug it into the computer and personalize it with your childs name, favorite food, color, and so on. Yes Brielle is a baby, but so is Sam and my friends little boy. But every time were at their house Sam loves that puppy. So we bought her the girl version (its purple and named violet). Its pretty neat and It sings songs with your childs name in them and talks to your child using their name. Its pretty cool. Maybe (even though you have a lot) you could buy her some new clothes instaed of having all hand-me-downs. Your mom would like that idea. LOL. We are trying to think a little bit ahead with Sam's gifts. What about a personalized puzzle with large peices? We also got Sam a couple mickey mouse club house movies.... I dont know if this helps but its some food for thought!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks! I've seen that Violet a few times and debated getting it. I keeping wondering if it'd be too much of a hassle to program/set up. Have you set up Sam's yet?

    Thanks for the reminder on puzzles---I did think about getting the girls wooden puzzles that spell out their names--I've seen those online a few places--I should go look again :-)

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)