Thursday, December 29, 2011

A productive day!

My mom watched  the girls  today so  that  Lee  and I  could go  into  town and complete more of the honey  do list hehe. We got a ton done! And Lee got me many additional Christmas gifts today too :-P Here is a sampling of my new goodies!

First  up, I  found this  adorable tree decal at Target that was simply made to be in my girls' room. For real, all  the same colors, and a birdie theme! And it was super easy to apply and sticks to the wall  so well....much easier to apply than the alphabet decals I bought on Etsy for the old house's playroom---and much cheaper too! (It's really hard to see  in the photo, but there are two pink butterflies, two blue birdies, and then the tree is brown with white polkadots and lots of the leaves have polkadots too!)


The reason it's placed there is  because soon Brielle's bed will  be on the other side of the rug....so the tree is going to be right in the middle of the two beds. Then you can kinda see the white bedside table there---we have two of those that my dad picked up at a garage sale or something---we are painting them white. The one in the pic is just primer right now, but I was trying to figure out how high to put the tree so I set it there for the  time being :-)

Close up--


Then we ran out of time and didn't  get the headboard on the wall today---but it's  ready to go! This is hard  to see in the picture too, but you get the idea. It's beadboard (is  that what it's called?) that  Lee framed out today with trim pieces....and he'll mount it to the wall  above the bed. It's going to be so cute!


Then we also bought  and hung this  organizer in our mud room/laundry room. This was a funny story because first we  opened it and there was a crack...but  I decided to just  use black  marker  to cover the crack  and I figured it wasn't that big of deal....it's just to organize mail and stuff.  Well then we discovered the hook to hang the keys from were pretty crooked, the predrilled holes for the drawers were too small, and after we hung the thing on the wall we discovered the drawers themselves are complete unlevel LOL. Basically it's a poorly constructed peice of crap :-P But after we had gotten so much of it put together and hung etc.  I decided I didn't care enough to return it. It does the job!


Then in super  exciting news,  we finally have stools at our kitchen counter!!! I really wanted rectangular ones because I felt they'd slide up under  the counter the nicest. And Lee wanted backs on them, but I was adament that they wouldn't have backs because I didn't want chair backs sticking up and blocking my view from the kitchen :-P So after  I won that battle we had to decide wood tone, etc. Today we found these and I love them! The wood tone is darker than our cabinets, but it matches our dining room table right next to it, and that's exactly what I had in mind. I wanted to tie that wood table in with the kitchen cabinets and not be too matchy matchy. I originally hadn't planned on the stools being cushioned though, but my butt convined me otherwise---these were just too comfy to pass up! And actually they are nice  and dark which ties in the black  on our appliances and the bronze light fixtures, etc....so in the end I think they  are perfect!

You'll just have  to trust me that  the  dining room table matches this wood tone :-P
Doesn't your  butt  really want to sit here? :-)


And lastly, who is dying for a sneak peek at Fashion Friday?! Ok, ok, you twisted my arm....here ya go:

My order from Naartjie came today!! Is she not the cutest bear you've  ever seen?! Everything seems to fit great---except this outfit does run narrow, which I  had read online but was worried it'd be too long if I sized up. However  it toally fits her still---you just might see a little more baby belly poking out than normal :-P And heads up, I heard Naartjie is having  an end of the year sale now! I believe these dresses are now on sale for like $6 instead of the $9 I paid---bummer for me, good for you!

You'll  have  to stay tuned to  see the other outfits :-P

Raya loves the new kitchen stools!
And fashion sneak peek #2, is Brielle going to be the cutest birthday girl or what?! :-)



And I stumbled across this store bought bib (Skip Hop brand) the other day and decided it was destined to be Brielle's  birthday bib! Seriously, can you picture her digging into  her cake in this? We're all  going to die from the cuteness


I'm still working on the ruffle  pants to go with this....the pants are the polkadot  material....and then I'm planning to add the red  monkey  fabric as a ruffle on the bottom of the pant legs. I'll share when I finish them up! The outfit is far from technically perfect, but I'm really proud of it and happy with how it's turning out. Considering I'm just making it up completely and not following any pattern or tutorial I'm surprised it's ever wearable, let alone this cute haha :-P

PPS, I  know some of my readers are wishing they could sew, planning to start sewing, etc.....so I wanted to share this website. It's one of my favs! Make it and love it   ....she posts *the* best, cutest, modern and cool sewing tutorials ever. I've pinned  about 100 of them haha. Anyways, she knows a lot of people  got  sewing machines for xmas etc. so she's sharing a bunch of beginner tips and the link above is her first "beginner" entry. Check it out! I'm really excited to read her tips too, even though I can kinda/sorta sew.

4 comments:

  1. that tree decal is so cute!

    the headboard looks great

    maybe I'll ask for a sewing machine for my birthday

    Brielle's outfit so far is adorable, cant wait to see the whole thing finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bead board head board!! that is an awesome idea. & I love that you didn't care enough to take back the mail organizer. I totally would have done the same thing!

    P.s. thanks for the sewing tip link!!! sooo excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Santa was really good to you!!!! Love all the new stuff, no one ever goes in your laundry room but you anyway!!!!! Love the stools, can't wait to see the girls room all done, going to be a little girls dream!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tree decal! (Makes me want to find one for my girls!)

    And I love the stools even more! They look so comfy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)