Sunday, January 22, 2012

First snowman of the year!

Lee and I have a pretty good division of labor  around  here. He does all the stuff I don't want to do (garbage, cleaning bathrooms, shoveling snow, mowing, etc.)   ...works out great! Add to that  list "playing outside  in wet cold snow for over an hour"  :-)  So it worked out well that Lee  took Raya outside this afternoon to build 2 snowmen, attempt a snow baby, make snow angels, and throw snowballs! Raya  had  a lot of fun and stayed out for over an hour, only  coming in finally  because  her  tummy was hungry :-P I stayed inside  and supervised Brielle's nap....hey, my "job" was important too!

Luckily  Lee was smart  enough to build the snowman in the back yard off the deck, facing the house, so that I could periodically open the  french door off the dining room and snap some photos :-)

Enjoy!

Heading outside!

Rolling balls

1st snowman finished!


2nd snowman...bigger!


Father/daughter  snow angels


Raya building her  own "baby" snowman




Thanks for taking her  outside Daddy!

And lastly, yesterday I had a wonderful time going out for my birthday! We dropped the girls off at my parents' house early and started with a donut for breakfast, did a little shopping, ate at Okabogi Grill (sp?) for lunch, where  I had a yummy chicken sandwich with spinach and artichock dip spread, did some more shopping, saw the movie  "Girl with the dragon tattoo" (very good), and then had a very late (9pm) supper  at Granite City (yum!) where I had a mixed drink (see, not pregnant Grandma! lol) and delicious chicken linguini pasta with asperagus, sun dried tomatoes, and pine nuts. Then I slept in until  8am this  morning before going to pick  up the girls from Grandma and Grandpas! 'Twas  a fun day :-)

Hope you all  had a great weekend too....happy Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great division of labor to me! :) Cute snow pictures of Daddy & Raya! And sounds like you had a wonderful day out for your birthday! Yay for wonderful grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pictures of Raya & Lee together. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good daddy! Looks like they had fun!

    Have you read those books...Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? Everyone is telling me I need to!

    Glad you had a happy birthday...happy belated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Daddy!!!!!! That will earn you a few points not only with mommy but Raya also!!!!!Great pics!!!!
    Love,Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Daddy!!!! Not only did you earn points with mommy, you earned points with Raya!! Great pics!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, these pictures are adorable! Love her little mini snowman, so cute! Glad you had such a great time going out for your Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday. I'm a horrible blogger and a horrible blogger friend. I haven't been on much (as you could probably tell by my lack of updates). I want Tyler to take Kyla out in the sled one of these days and get some pictures. Your pics from today are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't believe you guys got so much snow!!! my kids wore shorts this weekend ;) looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)