So my lighthearted response to all of you today is, "My job is better than yours!" na na nah boo boo ;-)
....and here's why:
1) This week I can stay in my pjs until noon if I want too---*just* like over holiday break!
2) My "bosses" don't usually require that I wake up until 7:30am
3) Yesterday for my first day "back at work" one of my job requirements was to paint fingernails....my bosses were ecstatic with my job performance
|No idea how such a pretty girl can have such|
an unattractive smile!
4) Today my boss's assignment was equally challenging--making icecream
5) I'm able to run errands on company time and no one complains. Today's outting was to the fabric store where I picked up Valentine's Day fabric to make the girls some monogrammed heart shirts (soon to be listed in my etsy shop No Paparazzi Please ...I'm reopening this week!)
|Click to enlarge|
7) The conversations heard in the "lounge" at lunch are hilarious. Yesterday's gem was when Sawyer looked at Raya and said "you're a pretty beautiful princess Raya!" and Raya looked at him and said "no, I pooping!" (she was)....at which point Sawyer asks "In your pants?! Are you kidding me Raya?" .followed by Raya's "no" .....and unfortunately she *wasn't* kidding LOL
8) When my boss is micromanaging me and won't leave me alone my "why are you following me?!" is answered with an adorable "because I love you" :-)
9) When my bosses get cranky I can just feed them and all is well again...if that doesn't work I can always put them in time out!
10) And lastly, reason 10 (I could go on lol) why my job is way better than yours is....
I usually get at least 2 hours every afternoon to be completely unproductive on company time, while my bosses nap! No need to worry about my bosses checking up on me unexpectedly either, because they can't get out of their "offices" unless I come open their doors ;-P
So there you have it! Hopefully my fellow stay at home moms got a laugh and, if needed, a reminder about why our jobs really are the best! And if you're at work outside of the home right now, be jealous...be very very jealous
.....and now I'm off to change my boss's poopy diaper! Ok, so maybe this job does have it's low points too :-)