Reasons why being 20 sucks and turning 30 is way better!
1) In my 20s I was chasing down the life I wanted to have, but now that I'm 30 I have it! Much of my 20s was spent trying to get a husband, a house, a job, pets, kids.....and now at age 30 I can sit back and actually enjoy everything that I've been chasing for the last 10 years!
2) Much of my 20s were spent in college/grad school. I could not be happier to be 30 and *not* be in school or have homework of any kind!
3) In my 20s I cared more about what people thought. It was important to "impress", whether it be to get in with the cool people at school/work, try to impress your boyfriend/land a man, etc. In my 30s I no longer have to do any of that! I can (and often do) leave the house and go into town wearing sweats and no makeup. In college I'd need to do my hair and makeup to walk down the hall to the public bathroom practically :-P Ahhhh, the freedom of not caring anymore!
4) There is a certain degree of respect that you start to get in your 30s. You have 30 years of experience under your belt. People automatically take you more seriously now. When you say you're 20-something people view you as young and inexperienced. Being 30 means you are wise.
5) You've had 10 years to make mistakes in your 20s. You've learned from them, and now in your 30s you are smarter and unlikely to make many of those mistakes again!
6) Now when you're talking to your younger friends and family you can say things like "oh, I remember back when *I* was in my 20s....."
7) Mentally you get a fresh start. Your 20s are done and over with. You have a full decade in front of you to start anew.
8) Now if I'm out at a bar and get carded I am convinced that I'm super young and attractive looking. It's no longer an insult lol.
9) 30 is the new 20.
10) And perhaps the *best* reason why being 30 is waaaay better than being 20? When I turned 20 I don't even remember what I did for my birthday. Probably dinner out with friends and/or family.
.....but when I turned 30? My daughter (yes, daughter! I'm 30 now and I'm a mom, that's awesome in and of itself!) made me a "beautiful" birthday cake, just for me. That alone is reason enough to be happy about turning 30, don't you think?!
|Raya had no problem digging into her speacial cake though!|
Here she is with the special birthday card she made me
|The scariest smile to date? Yep, I think so!|
Funny story about the cake. When my mom came to pick Raya up to take her to her house she told Raya she had a *secret* to tell her...and she whispered something in her ear. Well fast forward to when they left and I said "Bye Raya, have fun with Grandma today!" and she looked back at me and said "Yeah, we're making Mama a birthday cake!!" hahaha. Note to self, your secret is no longer safe with Miss Raya.
Today my mom was going to take me out shopping for my birthday. But as it does EVERY year on my birthday, it snowed. A lot. So my mom came over this morning and we were all snowed in together. Which was great because even though our shopping trip was postponed at least I was able to have some kid free time and I got a lot more Etsy orders made!
And the girls had fun with Grandma today
I got a picture with the girls too. And let me tell you, it's awesome. I might blow it up into an 11x14 or something. I can't decide what I like better though---the fact that my face is kinda blurry, Brielle is crying (sorta looks like a smile, no?), I have no makeup on, or Raya's crazy smile....I think it's a 4-way tie! ;-)
Tonight Raya and I tried a little birthday photoshoot...
After the girls went to bed Lee hung up my new birthday gifts....he brought me home 2 new peices of wall art! I really wanted some more wall art for my birthday, and he actually did a great job picking things out.
He got me this giant canvas painting, which we hung above our staircase
And he got me this collage frame which matches my curtains really well...we hung it on the right side of our living room picture window
|I need to print some pictures for the frame now. I think I'm going to do |
black and white ones, like the examples.
So all in all it has been a good 30th birthday. Can't be depressed about turning 30 when I have some very special little girls to celebrate with :-)
(And yes, it's Fashion Friday! I'm not going to do a "real" Fashion Friday post since it's my birthday, but I will share a few of my Etsy creations ( my shop ) from the last couple of days. Business has been good and I'm loving all the custom orders I've been getting!
Have a great weekend everyone! And hey, if you're already 30 why don't you share with me an additional reason why I should be lovin' this birthday! Anything else that rocks about turning 30 that I haven't thought of? ;-)