Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tomorrow's the big day!

Can you believe I've been the mom to Miss  Brielle for *almost* one full year now?! On 1-11-11 Miss Brielle was born at 3:03 pm weighing 6lbs 7oz. Here is the post I  wrote exactly one year ago today It's the final countdown  ...and now tomorrow is my baby's first birthday! *tear*   It goes way too  fast. So be sure to check  in tomorrow for a Happy Birthday post! (and also, today is the last day to get your Giveaway entries in! Check out my Facebook page here for all  the details. Then tomorrow I'll  tally the entries and I'll announce our two winners on Thursday!)

Speaking of my babies growing up, I think  I can officially say Raya is completely day trained! Seriously, I am not even going to think about trying to potty train Brielle until  after her 2nd birthday. It ended up being so easy this time around with Raya now that she's old enough to completely understand everything and she has the vocabulary to tell  me exactly when she has to go. Raya hasn't had a single accident for the last 3 days. For the last  2 days I've never reminded her a single time to go---she just always tells me on her own! She has also stayed dry on every single outting we've taken, even though I put pull ups on her just in case. The only time she *isn't* trained is during naps and nighttime.

So here's to you Miss Raya--yay for becoming a "big  girl"!!! Mama's so proud of you.




And what does my almost-1-year-old do while Raya is going potty? She gets  into trouble like any crazy baby would!




On a completely unrelated note, today  was so nice out so we went for a long walk (in January! That's crazy for Iowa.) Raya walked a majority of it and I pushed  Brielle in the double stroller. Well right before we had to go up a giant hill Raya wanted in the stroller, so I had to push the gigantic stroller loaded with children up the huge hill. As I'm huffing and puffing my way along Raya suddenly turns around in her seat to look at me and exclaims "you're HEAVY Mama!!"   ....*I'm* heavy?!. Maybe next time she can get her big  old butt out and walk up the hill herself! ;-)

Speaking of big butts and being heavy....tonight we made chocolate caramel brownies LOL. We thought we should have birthday treats on hand for tomorrow when Sawyer and Harper come over. That, and Lee really wanted them (he doesn't eat chocolate....except for brownies I guess--go figure).



With Brielle's birthday party this weekend I'm starting to wonder how she's going to handle eating her birthday cupcake! Will she dive right in? Will she carefully lick it? Will she scream? lol. Based on how she was eating the other morning I'm predicting she'll dive right in! ;-)



And lastly tonight  (can you tell this is a "misc." update with no common theme? Sorry!) Lee and Raya were just "hanging around" before dinner this evening...


...her face says it all!


Can't wait to wake Miss  Brielle up in the morning with a lovely version of "Happy Birthday", sung my her tone deaf Mama! :-)

7 comments:

  1. Love Rayas face on that last pic!!!!!! Tell Lee he needs to quick saying he does not eat chocolate, he eats it when it suits him!!!!!! Happy birthday to my pretty pretty baby Brielle!!!! I'm sooooo sad she is already 1 year old!!!!Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  2. they grow up way too fast, it's so bittersweet =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Raya! Can't wait to hear about the birthday tomorrow!

    I finally blogged about the giveaway. Better late than never, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! So laughing at your comment about her walking up the hill herself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go raya! That is awesome, Im not looking forward to those potty training days ;)

    And happy early birthday brielle! This year has went by way to fast :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Raya! I hope that Brielle is having a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Brielle! She is the most beautiful blue-eyed baby.

    My lil' one is going to be turning one in less than a week.. and I get teary eyed everytime I think about - seriously, a year has gone by?

    I'm going to get in touch with you very soon for an etsy order :-)

    ~Anu

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)