Sunday, February 26, 2012

Open Enrollment

We're now accepting  open enrollment for students in Lee's Sunday school class! LOL. Itinerary usually consists of singing every version of "This little  light of mine" available on youtube, followed by some Veggie Tales. :-)

As I think I've mentioned before I  am not  religious and although Lee is, we don't currently attend church unless  visiting family or something.  Although I am not  religious I do support the girls learning about *all* religions and having a general knowledge of those  things---so when Lee said he wanted to start doing "sunday school" on Sunday mornings with the girls I thought that was a great idea (plus it gives mama a break hehe). Today was the 2nd or 3rd week he's done it and I must  say, it's pretty cute listening to Raya sing "this little  light of mine", which is by far her  favorite song so far. Brielle has no  interest really  yet, but she's quite a Daddy's  Girl in general and enjoys sitting on his lap these mornings.

Aren't they cute?




Griffin doesn't sing :-P

It was really cute when Raya moved closer to the tv to do her sing-a-long-----she's a very dedicated student! lol


Is there by  chance any of my readers in a similiar situation with teaching religion when  they aren't particulary religious/don't go to church regularly? There actually aren't that many of our close family and friends who *are* really religious so it's not uncommon in my circle not  to go to church, but I want the girls to have a general understanding when they are older. Plus, an interesting topic  arose when I roadtripped to Ikea this past week. My sister-in-law (who also doesn't  go to church) is a teacher  and said that there is actually some "religious bullying" that occurs in her school (and I'm sure other  schools too)....particularly when students who  do attend church try to "save" other students and basically tell them they are going to hell :-o Now this is something I had never thought about before! I can't  really blame the  "bullies" in such a case, because  if they are raised that way they probably  believe they are correct...but  it's unfortunate they aren't taught more tact/acceptance  when  dealing with  other  children. I also wouldn't want my own kids to retaliate and tell religious children that they are wrong---just that everyone believes different things. Luckily I have a couple years to figure out how to handle this! I"d love  to find some sort of program I could do with the girls that teaches them about  all  the reglions of the world....   (Oh, and I  probably  should insert a disclaimer here that  I  don't want to start religious warfare in the comments on this post or anything haha....I am very accepting of everyone who is religious, whatever religion that may be....but I don't  need to be saved or anything.  Different  strokes for different folks I say ;-)

Ok, now on to a lighter topic! haha....wanna see what *I* did today?

and some of those  packages had 2 or 3 shirts in them!!!
On Saturday my parents took the girls for the day and Lee and  I  had to run to town (we ate out a child free lunch too---yum!) ....when I stopped by the fabric store to get some Etsy supplies I couldn't pass up a couple new fabrics to make the  girls some things for summer. Probably won't see these fabrics in my Etsy shop---they are all  mine :-)

I  think I'm going to make coordinating skirt/dress set in the  apple fabric ---the green
fabric is fun and lists different types of apples on it hehe...I'll  use that  for  trim and stuff. Then the
whales I thought  would be cute for Brielle---maybe take a hot pink tshirt and make a shirt dress with it.
The bottom right fabric will probably becomes skirts. I can't  wait for summer!!!!
And lastly, today Raya and  Daddy baked brownies :-)


The box on the counter is the mount for Lee's new  TV he bought yesterday. We now are proud owners of
a too big tv to mount above the fireplace downstairs haha. He  had bonus work money of some kind to spend,
and apparently didn't want  to lavish the money  upon me :-P  We are now also proud owners of some new "player" and 3D glasses haha. Apparently we will now be watching 3D movies in our basement. Bring your popcorn and stop on over :-)
Happy Sunday everyone!!! Buckle your seatbelts, another  wild week is ahead! :-)

5 comments:

  1. I think it's great that Lee is doing Sunday school!!!!! I think knowledge of any kind is great!!!!
    Also Ican't believe how much Raya and Lee look alike where they are both looking down while making brownies, they have the exact same expression!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hadn't noticed that before, but they do! Well, i knew both girls looked like him, but it's really uncanny in that photo. I never get any genetic credit lol.

      Delete
  2. How great that he does that with the girls, and you are right, a nice break for Mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that he does that with the girls. Your moms right Raya & Lee do have same facial expression, how cute. Loving your new fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute that he does that with the girls! You will have to post a video of them singing =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)