Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Par-tay! :-)

I  think  it's  official...I'm going to be  *that* mom who allows her daughters  to have birthday  sleepovers with 15 little  girls (or  something equally  crazy and squeal worthy/ ear shattering) LOL...check  out the super fun Valentine's Day  party I hosted today!  (We even  had one more kid not  pictured!)

Left  to right: Harper, Leo, Brielle, Graham, Wes, Raya, Gavin, Cael, Sawyer, Maddie, Fletcher (Gianna not  pictured)
We bribed  them to take the above picture with the promise  of yummy cupcakes afterwards!  They  were  delicious (and nice and messy, just  the way kids  like it!  :-)

This picnic table  has come in handy so many  times!


I love this picture. Raya  was  shoveling in the  food and  practically choking...I  think she was worried  someone was  going to steal hers! And here is Wes looking at her  like "what  the hell girl, act like a lady!"

The cutest little  cupcake eater in the  bunch!

Harper was also  worried about someone stealing hers I think haha
We took a couple bubble breaks...always a hit! I love the basement  at this  new house of ours....it works great for parties  like this and since the  carpet isn't brand new by any means I don't  care about bubble sessions down there :-)



Our youngest friend today...


We did a Valentine exchange as well! I tried to start off orderly with everyone sitting down and one kid at a time passing out their valentines, but soon it had  turned  into a free for all LOL.They had fun though! (You may  recognize the curly  haired  kiddo  passing out treats as my blogger friend's little guy over at It is What it Is  ...if you don't  read her  blog  yet  you should!)


And when the  party was winding down my basement was destroyed--proof of a good party! Here is the aftermath in the playroom:


Thanks to the other kids and  moms for helping  me have the basement all picked up in no time at all though! :-) Hope we can have another party again very soon! I was telling them today that I hadn't  planned to wait  so long between my last Halloween party and this one, but with Thanksgiving and Christmas the months just got away from me!

Here are a few pictures  of my own group of kiddos before the other party guests started to arrive...

I  let  Harper  borrow Brielle's vest today :-)


Brielle  has  been extremely fussy still  today.  Bless  her heart Raya was trying to comfort her!





So that was  our day  so far...now maybe I can squeeze in a nap! ;-)

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! So fun! I love the outfits too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like all the kids had fun.

    thanks for the comment about our sleeping situation. She get scolded but I think taking a toy away will help, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all had a great time. Thanks for having us over, Shawna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Now that we moved our toys to the new room in the basement, I am afraid to admit, that is how are basement looks most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did that little boy in the green not get the dress code message? He must not know how color coordinated your events are! Or he just thought he was cute enough in whatever, which is true. That's how Ryan rolls, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did that little boy in the green not get the dress code message? He must not know how color coordinated your events are! Or he just thought he was cute enough in whatever, which is true. That's how Ryan rolls, too :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...his Mama was a friend of a friend....so I didn't communicate directly with her and the memo on color didn't get passed along by accident LOL.

      Ryan wouldn't dare mess with Aunt Shawna when complying with my dress code wishes!!! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Looks like everyone had a great time!!!! Love the group pic!!! I see a problem with the pic of our four though, Raya has Baby Dee Dee, Sawyer has Baby Boo, who does Brielle have?????
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little vultures swooped in and stole the babies!!!

      Delete
    2. I kept meaning to comment about the babies, we call our puppy baby boo! haha.

      cute pics, fun party! what valentines did the girls give out?

      Delete
    3. I would like to say they gave out cute homemade valentines similiar to the 100 ideas I pinned on Pinterest....but in the end I filled a valentine's bag with random candy and called it a day :-P

      Delete
  8. You are so awesome! I hope I'm a cool mom when I have two little ones like you! I think I might eat cupcakes like Raya, haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)