Thursday, March 1, 2012

But Mama, it's THURSDAY!

....that's  the conversation I had with Raya  this morning when she woke up. She wanted  to pack her bag and head to Grandma's. I told her no, today Grandma was coming to our house for awhile and that did not fly with Miss Raya. She said "No! It's THURSDAY! I go to Grandmas and play and take bath"  haha....she's a creature of habit ;-) But this Thursday we changed  things up and instead of going to Grandma's she came to us!


I gave Harper pigtails  and Brielle a ponytail ;-)

Brielle was giggling like crazy


And check out Sawyer's hair today---he now  wears "product" in it hehe. So cute!





While Grandma went to pick  Saweyr up from preschool all the girls waited patiently looking out the window for her....


pigtails!



Speaking of preschool, today I registered Raya to go ----starts in the fall. Such a big girl! She'll be doing the same one Sawyer does this year. It's just from 8:30am-11am two days a week, but I think it'll be a nice introduction to the idea of going someplace else to learn from a "teacher", plus  preschool is inexpensive in my area so it's like really cheap daycare while  I run errands two mornings a week lol. I'm a little  worried that Raya will be horrified when she learns that  Sawyer  won't be there with her. He'll  be moving to 4 year old preschool. Should be interesting! I think next month is an open house and then we'll have  all  summer to talk about how she's going there by herself to make  *new* friends.

Lastly, Sawyer has a bread phobia. No, for real---he's terrified. Today Grandma did a "fun" project of making cookie cutter grilled cheese and bribed Sawyer to try it haha. He finally did gag and nibble his way through a teensy tiny bite of crust :-P The rest of the day he kept saying "I'm so proud of myself!" lol




11 comments:

  1. Wow, your mom is so beautiful! I also hang out with my mom on Thursdays... haha!
    And, so happy for you that R will be starting school in the fall. Two days a week is PERRRRFECT! A slow adjustment. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I'm sure Grandma will be happy to see your nicce comment hehe :-) Yes, 2 mornings a week will be great I think! Just hope she doesn't cause too much trouble there lol

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to find a preschool for kaylee too. It's hard cause were going to be moving & I want her to go close to where we're going to be living.

    Have fun with your mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be hard with planning to move and stuff. I almost missed registration because suddenly the other day I got thinking about it and come to find out when I looked into it that registration was going on right now! Phew....almost got stuck with my kid another whole year ;-P hehe

      Delete
  3. First of all I would like to thank Nicole for that nice compliment!!!! Then next I would like to say that Sawyer took an actual bite , he got cheese and everything!!!! That lttle guy tried his hardest , he just does not like bread!!! I love the pic with all 4 babies, love the piggy tails on Brielle and Harper!! She still had one in when John came to pick her up, he noticed it right away!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Sawyer! Awesome that he's trying. Raya will love school and you'll love the quieter house. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I'm looking forward to preschool mornings! Too bad I can't send Brielle too LOL

      Delete
  5. I'm surprised he is even touching the bread. Last night he said, "I loved it! Yeah, but I don't really want to have it again."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen some of the looks he gave Grandma as she was going on and on about how WONDERFUL it was haha. But he did do it! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Your mom is so young and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it's genetic and I'll be so lucky when I'm older! haha

      Delete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)