Friday, March 9, 2012

New Camera!!

It's  official, I now  own a Nikon D5100!!! We ended up going with the Nikon, but  with a slightly cheaper body than the D90. We actually got the Nikon that is comparable to the Canon Rebel T3i, so it was a nice compromise between the Canon that I liked while staying with Nikon since we liked their lenses better. Then in a couple years if we really get into photography we can upgrade to a fancier body and still keep all the Nikon lenses :-)  For lenses we got the 18-55mm and also the 55-200mm.

So  obviously we have no idea what we are doing yet LOL....but I just had to try it out tonight in auto mode. Even in auto I can tell it's obviously such clearer photos. I need to learn how to adjust the focus manually to get even better shots, and we were taking these photos when we had very little sunlight left so the lighting is a little off....but still so fun! Hopefully Raya will let me practice more tomorrow too. (And at this point I'm officially wishing I had a newborn baby to practice on---someone who stays put!)

So first off, here is poor Brielle---she was diagnosed with another ear infection today. Many more and we may earn ourself a ticket to the ear nose and throat guy. For now though it's just another round of meds. Poor girl. You can see how clear the photo is though---look at those sad little tears!


Then Raya  did a little photoshoot for me :-)

Tomorrow I want to try portrait mode, which would blurr the background and make Raya stand out more.
Like I said, tonight I was just shooting in auto.
This one would have been  really awesome if I had known how to adjust the focus....the focus was a little too much on the side of her hair I think. Oh well! I'm still learning :-)



I'd love to get photoshop and learn how to use that, but for now I'm still just using Picasa....trusty black and white :-P


The lighting was funky  here because of the sunset


Terrified  of the deck  still haha


And one last one of my sad baby



So anyways, stay tuned because I'm sure I'll be sharing lots of pictures this weekend as I continue to learn my new camera!!!!

***And don't miss my other new update from today---Fashion Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I shoot in portrait mode all the time. I haven't figured out my Manuel mode. Have fun with your new camera

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures look fab already! Poor Brielle. We are just getting over hand foot mouth over here. It's the worst when they are sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new camera! I have a nice one too & only use auto mode! Anything else & it is too confusing for me. Ha! Enjoy your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You made a decision! How exciting! You are going to have SO much fun with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)