Friday, April 20, 2012

Haircut

Well, here it  is haha. And I'm sorry, but  yesterday was so busy I didn't take any pictures!  So these pictures are from this morning, in my pjs, with bedhead. But I figure if my hair looks that  much better with bedhead, you can just imagine how nice it probably looks  if I actually shower and style it LOL.



I'm really happy with the haircut and loved the girl I got at the salon. Don't t hink I'll be going every 8 weeks  like suggested lol...but  maybe  every 12 weeks or so I can remember to do it :-P She did a great  job talking with me about a style that would get my crazy hair under control. She agreed that my hair  has tons of natural wave in it (before kids it was stick  straight....now it's super wavy!)....so  she helped me get it all  layered and thinned out so that it feels soft again and isn't a giant  poof of frizz :-) She  also gave me some product to  try for "scrunching" my hair  when wet and letting it dry with the natural waves....so I"m going to try that today (if I ever get a shower haha) and see what  it looks  like. When it grows  out  slighty she said  I can do more flippy layers and s tuff  too---and  experiment with the length I end up liking it at best.

I  like  my natural  color, and pretty much  everyone I talk  to says I  should  just  leave it....but  Lee thinks highlights would make the layers stand out more (which I'm sure they would)....but I just  can't bring myself to start down that slippery slope because  then it's  a constant battle with roots showing and having to constantly redo it  and I've gone that route once  before and growing the color and highlights out was  such a pain and it looked  awful while I  did  it. I've debated  a box color to do at home, but we'll  see. I think the color it is naturally is probably fine---what say you all? ;-)

Here are a couple more pics---I'll  try to take better ones at another time....ya know when I'm not trying to take self portraits holding  up a giant DSLR camera in the bathroom with two kids screaming at my  feet :-P


bedhead ;-) not bad considering though, not bad

See Lee,  look  close and I have very subtle natural highlights LOL ;-)


Anyways, hope you all  enjoyed the little hair update haha. I'll  post a real update of the girls later today. TGIF!!!!

15 comments:

  1. wow, it looks REALLY great! You're making me want to go RIGHT NOW! I've got to find a Groupon first! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My head feels so much lighter now lol :-)

      Delete
  2. Love it!!! It looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I am so overdue for a good haircut. My sister-in-law usually cuts it for me, but I think I'm going to splurge and go pay for one. I want a style like yours, but also think I'm going to want to be able to just throw it up in a pony this summer. So I can't decide how short to really go. I love yours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually not missing my ponytail right now---but that might change when it gets super hot! I can not be trusted with a ponytail hair length though---it's too addicting for me ;-)

      Delete
  4. Love it! I think we have the same type of hair and I just got the same cut! So far, I wear it curly/wavy most days. You'll have to show us a pic when you try that! And I say stick with your natural color. Easy, cheap, it's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, cheap and easy always wins out in my mind :-)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. It looks awesome!! That is the perfect cut for you!

    My hair was stick straight before pregnancy, too. Now it pretty much still is except this one little section. At my last haircut, the stylist actually asked me if I had seen a physician about it. Like it was some kind of medical emergency, haha! Sorry, mama doesn't care about it as much as you do and will not be back for at least 12 months! I'm sure he was horrified!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! haha...I can imagine the doctors face when he would come into an exam room and learn that the emergency was kinky hair!!

      Delete
  6. Love the hair. I also got wavy hair after my kids were born. Isn't it amazing that our hair was flat as a board when perms were in and wavy now that straight hair is in. I look forward to seeing it wavy. I like having the option to wear it different ways with not much work.

    Amy M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea people's hair could change like that after having kids--it's c razy!

      Delete
  7. I love your hair!!!! I had mine chopped off yesterday too. I'll have to post some photos. When my hair dresser was done she stepped back and told me she thought I probably just lost 15 lbs in hair! She made me laugh! Yours looks super good! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I hate dieting---a haircut is a much easier way to lose weight LOL

      Delete
  8. I can't believe your hair looked that good after sleeping on it!!!! Most flattering cut in a long time!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)