Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

My internet is back...yippee!!!! You guys, I felt like I  had  checked in to some sort of internet detox rehab program----I  was writhing in pain from the  withdrawal! :-)

So here are some quick bullet points to  get usback  on track:
1) This weekend we had friends from out  of town and  had  a kid-free weekend...yippee! Did lots  of eating,  drinking, sleeping in ('till 8am anyways haha), and socializing. Good times!
2) The girls had a blast  with Grandma and  Grandpa...the  highlight was  that  Grandpa bought bunkbeds....and  Raya has  informed me t hat  Sawyer sleeps on top since  he's a big boy...and she sleeps on bottom since she's a little girl haha.  Guess they're just  about ready for the kids  to move in with them  full time! ;-)
3) Today the girls and I ran some errands  (because  I've  got extra kids wed, thurs., and Friday this  week....so we had to get in there early  this  week) ....I enjoyed  lunch with my girls and coffee and cookies at Barnes and Noble :-P I went to give Raya a kiss afterwards and she exclaimed "your kisses are stinky Mama!!!" ...guess  I must have had  caramel  mochiatto breath LOL....it was yummy though!
4) Lately, especially  when out and  about with the girls like I was  today, I've started second guessing my original  plan to have 3 children.  I mean, Raya  is so much fun to go places with.  She  gets in her own carseat, we don't need a stroller, no highchairs, no cutting up food when we're out, she  knows to stay by me in stores so I can browse without worrying about losing her, she pretty much never cries or throws tantrums while we're out, she is potty trained, etc.  etc.  Brielle is a much bigger pain to take  places, but  she's 15 months old...freedom from strollers and  diapers and  baby crap is  so close  I can  taste it!!! How  crazy would  I be right  now to sign  myself up for  3 extra years of babyness? I  think it's good that I'm  watching baby Finn now once a week because I'll  get a better feel for whether I want to do a 3rd baby full  time myself or not haha.
5) Since  I didn't  have  internet this weekend I'm way behind on my blog reading/commenting.  Sorry about that---I'll  have to go back  and check  out everything I missed!
6) I've officially decided I have no desire for a phone with internet. You should have heard my whining and cussing while trying to use Lee's internet phone. Seriously  people, what is enjoyable about trying to mess around with internet on your phone when you could have a giant  laptop screen instead?! haha. Maybe I'll  just  get a giant purse that my  laptop fits in and carry it around :-P
7) The weather  this week is rain and clouds almost all  week. I'm tired of this dreary weather!!!
8) Today I organized Raya's closet and got all  her  summer  stuff  hung  up...I'm embarassed for anyone to  see the insane amount of clothes she has LOL. Yesterday Lee's  mom called Lee asking for birthday ideas for Raya...I  suggested some different toys and Lee goes "she doesn't  need  any more toys! How about clothes or shoes---at least  then it's something she  needs"  ....um, honey....our children don't  *need* anything other  than food and air, and even  the food  is debatable...they are spoiled rotten :-P
9) I've  been steadily working on Etsy orders....have been getting more orders for  tutus lately which has been a fun change!
10) Here are some random pictures to get caught up on my  recent lack of posting...enjoy!



"I have such a headache from listening to Mommy complain about her internet!"








Tot school...Made the  letter A with do-a-dot markers and she put stickers on each dot







So glad to be back  blogging again! Hope everyone had a great weekend! :-)

...and in light of what  I  recently went through, what is something that YOU would go through withdrawal for if you were forced to give it up for a weekend???????

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! One more day and I'd be going through withdrawals from your blog! I can't wait for Kyla to be able to crawl into her car seat on her own. She's a lug and this belly doesn't help! I think I'd probably go through withdrawals without the internet too. I have it on my phone and I'm constantly checking it when I'm not home. I'd much rather have my laptop, but I need my phone as a backup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffeeeeee is about the only thing I would have withdrawl without, that and the grandbabies!!!!
    Love, Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I was going to say internet and coffee! :) Guess all your readers are a little alike, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawna, I went through the same thing about trying to decide if we wanted a third, hence the reason with our first two there was just 2 years between the girls, and now with this one there will be four between W and the baby! You may change mind, but if not, at least you have Finn! :)

    Love the caption on the picture with Raya - haha! :) Glad you got the internet back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, right now I'm definitely seeing the benefits of a larger age gap, if we do have a 3rd. I love Raya and Brielle so close, but it's a lot of work for sure! Lee unfortunately wants to get a 3rd one done and over with, or not at all though...not sure he'd go for a 3rd if we waited too long lol.

      Delete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)