Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's genetic!

Look  for Sawyer  and Raya  to be opening their own Etsy shop--clearly they've got shirt making talents just like me ;-)


Today for our little art project I  let the big kids make their  own shirts! I found  some fabric markers at the craft store and I have some shirts that I've "discontinued" from my Etsy shop so I wanted to use them up anyways. I let  the kids decorate their shirts anyway they wanted and they asked me to draw some shapes and their names on them, so I obliged. Clearly these are a huge fashion faux paux, but they were so cute struttin'  their stuff in what they thought were the coolest shirts ever! hehe ;-)


We did their last names and soon to be  new ages on the back, like jerseys :-P

While making their  shirts Sawyer kept saying "I'm making mine super special Shawna"



She just thinks Sawyer is a God---look at the way she  stares at him LOL

While posing for pictures Sawyer kept saying "Look Shawna, this is my really sweet look" 
Yes  Sawyer, you look very sweet! ;-)












8 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have some things I've been holding onto for the boys to paint. I think it might be a colorful disaster with my boys, though, so I've kept them hidden. You've inspired me to give it another thought, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The markers weren't messy at all---not like paint, so it wasn't too bad!

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea! I love that you just let them go and do their own. Sometimes it's hard for me to do that with my girls, but I tell myself they are using their creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my fashion loving self was dying on the inside but I kept telling myself "we'll just make it a pajama top" LOL.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, I love the sweet look. And I love how Raya just looks at him with such admiration. So cute! I should let Gianna do this sometime, she would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, an entire pack of the fabric markers was only $6 so it was a pretty cheap project. I'm going to let Raya decorate a onesie for her baby cousin next hehe

      Delete
  4. Great idea, you can tell they had a great time!!! I also just love the way Raya looks at Sawyer!!!! I love the pencil pics alot, they are just sooooo cute together!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I need to do this project with the girls. And they are so cute together! They look like the best of buds! And that they could get in a lot of trouble together! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)