Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Join me for a bitch fest, it'll make you feel better ;-)

So *everyone* hates their job at least some days right? Well let me tell you that being a parent is a job---whether you stay at home or not. And although on tv parents are portrayed as laying around with smiles and cuddles all day, giving baby massages and whispering sweet nothings into their children's ears, it's  often nothing at all like that in real life.  Because frankly, your  kid probably  won't sit still  for cuddles and massages, and whispering sweet nothings into their ears isn't nearly as nice when they've got  snot  pouring out of their  nose or when they're screaming during the world's most dramatic tantrum :-P And kids are  cute---but  must less  cute when you've had little sleep and your brain can't  even function enough to appreciate the cute things  they do.

But  although I sometimes hate the  job (like yesterday---oh good  lord, I swear yesterday  had at least 40 hours in it), I never  hate my girls! And although I told Lee yesterday  when he got home that  my day was so awful I was even thinking about how I was willing to go to work  as a dish lady in a school cafeteria (and if you know  me and my hatred  of doing dishes then that pretty much  tells you everything you need to know about my day yesterday lol)----every time I  think about going back to work  for real I  realize I  would hate that  10000 times worse than even  the worst day at home.

So  that  leaves me with my current solution---which is to have a little bitch fest, get it out of my system, and then hope that next  week brings  with it healthy kids, nicer weather, more sleep, and a better attitude to remind myself why being a parent is the best  job in the world!

To get us all in the mood for what I have planned next, you should check  out this article I found called 6 things nobody told you about being a SAHM   ...and let's be honest,  many if not all of these could  also be called 6 thigns nobody ever told you about being a PARENT. My favorite part of the  article is the end which says
You need to realize two things about these feelings - they are completely normal and you are not a bad mom for having them. You are human and no human loves their job every single day. There are going to be good days and bad days.


And now for the pick me up for all  you moms who are feeling the same way as me---a little  humor and inspiration, to remind us that our tiny offspring are worth all the headaches lol


Source: google.com via Shawna on Pinterest
Source: google.com via Shawna on Pinterest
Source: zulily.com via Shawna on Pinterest
Source: etsy.com via Shawna on Pinterest
Source: i.imgur.com via Shawna on Pinterest


And so now I hope we've all had a good laugh, we're feeling better because misery loves company, and tomorrow i'll be back  talking about sunshine and rainbows and cute little girls haha.

Please comment with your own "parenting is HARD" moment from recent days. We're all in this together people :-) And if you only have rainbows and sunshine to talk about well then I only have one thing to say----please, share with me your secrets! Oh wait, I guess I have one more thing to say as well---screw you! :-P

12 comments:

  1. I love this!

    I miss my baby so much that I spend my ENTIRE day cursing this lifestyle and swearing to quit my job the next day - pretty much every single day for the past year. But then I think about how challenging it would be to stay home with my sweet little princess all day, when she isn't being quite so princess-like, which is more and more frequent lately! I'm thankful that her teachers have the gift of harnessing her "energy" in to creative learning opportunities and that for the few hours that I am with her, our time really is spent cuddling and giggling.

    Definitely pros and cons to both - thank you for reminding me of that! I think all mamas deserve a break and a glass of wine at the end of their day, no matter what!

    Hope today is better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is bound to get better soon---it's almost nap time! ;-)

      Yes, it's hard either way for sure. Enjoy your child free lunch break today and think of me haha.

      Delete
  2. Mine took place on Sunday night... hubby & I were SO exhausted from our holiday weekend. So, of course, that's the night our 2-year-old decides to refuse sleep. She screamed, fought us, and fussed from 8:00PM until 10:45PM!! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. Brielle has been fighting me on naps for some reason, and then even without good naps has still been waking up at about 5am! Mamas need sleep! :-)

      Delete
  3. Yesterday, we went to the store after an early dinner and Cam was impossible. I was the worst mom ever because our friend and her little boy rode along and wanted to stop at McDonald's. So after I wouldn't buy him a SECOND dinner at McDonald's he started whining and complaining the rest of the trip. In toys r us ( we were there to look at carseats) he wanted this toy and that toy and when I said no I was informed that he has not gotten a new toy this WHOLE year. -Poor child- (mind u the Easter bunny brought a new baseball bat and fishing pole. Plus he got all new baseball gear and stuff a month ago.) Anyways, he then sat down on a shelf by the travel systems and said "I don't want to be your kid anymore. I want to be for sale". (Thankfully toys r us isn't usually to busy. ) I walked away slowly I knew he would follow. He did after I turned the corner. We walked to the register fine, but then there it was.... some tiny action figure called a "gogo" (Keenan gave him one Saturday at Easter) he begged for one. I said no and a holy fit broke out in the front of toy r us. Thankfully the car was only moments away!
    Then we still had Walmart go to. Joy. All I needed was a* new backpack for him* *Him* lol. And a couple laundry items. And even though *he* got a backpack he still wanted to look at toys. I again said no, so he asked if Sam was getting anything. The answer was no. But yet he still pouted the whole way and wanted candy at the check out. Thankfully Walmart did not involve a fit.
    So there you have it, my long story of an ugly day as a parent! I was glad to come home! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. I can just picture him saying he wanted to be for sale! :-) So you're telling me the drama and tantrums don't end any time soon huh? ;-P

      Delete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Seriously. YOU CRACK ME UP!!!

    All my days are pretty similar to yours yesterday. The fighting?????? Shoot me now. The tantrums????? Give me a drink. The talking back????? THE WORST!

    Thanks for laugh and bitchfest. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a virtual drink with you right now! Cheers! :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the laugh today! Today is my day. Kyla woke up with a horrible cold. Literally as I'm typing this and she's eating lunch, she just blew a bubble out of her nose with snot. Sorry, had to share! Anyway, she is miserable and refusing to nap! No nap days are my worst nightmare!

    PS - I got the Brewers outfit at Target. Maybe they have Cardinals ones by you? I can't wait for her to wear it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo...I should check Target when we visit Lee's parent's next time! It seems like Illinois has more Cardinals stuff than Iowa usually. Iowa has stupid Cubs all the time ;-)

      Sorry about the snot--Brielle has it bad too! Even though misery loves company I promise I didn't mentally send snot vibes your way or anything haha.

      Delete
  6. I remember fondly the days of 2 toddlers!!! It does get better, but the main thing I can tell you for certain is that some day you'll look back and give anything to have them little again, and to do it all over!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! It reminds us moms that we aren't alone. This is perfect! I have to tell myself alot to slow down and cherish every minute, they don't stay little long.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)