Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Raya's first trip to the dentist

Raya  made me one proud mama today---she ROCKED her dentist appointment! She was well behaved, polite, followed all the directions, etc. They were able to do everything---brush, "scrape", floss, rinse, flouride, etc....they said she did abnormally well for a kid  her age. She's such a big  girl!



He teeth looked great. They said she does have a little bigger than average overbite, but her teeth in back  line up well and they don't have any concerns about it. Just that after her adult teeth come in we'll have to reevaluate and perhaps she'll need braces down the road like so many other kiddos. Other than that no problems at all!



I didn't take  pictures  at the appointment, because I thought I'd look a little silly bringing  my giant DSLR camera to teh dentist haha...and my phone is just a cheapy and doesn't  really take pics. But I did have Raya show me her pearly whites this afternoon---to document the day :-)



And after humoring  me with  the photoshoot for a good couple minutes, she started in with the "hey mom, it was  just the dentist--I  didn't  solve the problem of world hunger or anything!" look of disgust ;-)



Officially done posing lol

After  the dentist we went to toysrus to  pick  out her bike for her birthday! She was actually to tall for the normal 12 inch bikes, but the 16 inch ones made her nervous (even though she *could* pedal them)....so I found out they make a few 14 inch ones which seem great for Raya's size. Unfortunately that size is uncommon and you don't get many choices. I did find an over the top girlie one though that we decided to go with--gotta have a fancy girlie bike right?!

I decided to save $10 by having Lee assemble  it  himself....only to get home and check out the reviews that the instructions are  horrible  apparently haha. Hopefully he doesn't have too much trouble! I had an impossible  time finding a bike that had all  great reviews (without spending a ton---we just wanted a cheaper bike--not  a lifetime investment :-) ....so this one has some really great reviews, and then some not so great. Guess we'll  see how it treats us. It's cute  though!

At toysrus I mentioned in passing that this was a gift for her birthday so then they gave her a birthday crown and balloon, which made her day haha. Here she is with her balloon.




So that  was  our day!

Miss Raya, I'm SO proud of you today. I  love taking you places and having people tell  me what  a delightful little girl you are. Thanks for making me look  like a rockstar Mama today so that  I  could brag you up :-)   ....even if you *did* rat me out to the hygenist at the end about the sucker I had  promised  you for being good hehe

Little  stinker :-P


11 comments:

  1. Aww! Good Job Raya! I took Lidia to the dentist a few months ago and she did surprisingly good too!

    I love that last pic of her... adorable! When's her birthday?? Soon?? Almost 3???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May 18th! We just wanted to make sure we didn't wait to the last minute on the bike haha.

      Delete
  2. She is so adorable! The bike is super girlie, but I bet $100 that any one of my girls would jump for joy if I brought that home for them...what a lucky girl :D Happy birthday Raya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I hope she likes the bike when she gets it. She doesn't really understand that I actually bought it today since I brought it home in a box haha...so we'll let her open it on her birthday :-)

      Delete
  3. Way to go Raya! That is awesome! I've heard some horror stories of kids having a horrible first time and then freaking out every time they go back. You should be a proud Mama :)

    Cute bike too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If being cute could solve world hunger, she'd have it taken care of in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to take Kaylee soon and I'm worried that she'll be one of the kids you hear about that don't do good! Maybe she'll surprise me! Good job Raya. Cute bike. That last picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just see Raya asking for the sucker when it was all over, she never forgets anything!!!!!! She's getting to be such a big girl!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, she is practically an adult already! Might as well buy her a car and enroll her in college. ;)

    Are you trying to make Raya's hair match your new curly hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe. No, she had a little side braid in for the dentist, and she made me take it out for nap....so her hair was wavy from the braid :-)

      Delete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)