Friday, May 18, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAYANA MARIE!

Guess who's officially THREE YEARS OLD now?!

Click photo to enlarge

We woke  her  up today  with a beautifully  sung rendition of Happy Birthday to You...



Birthday waffle!





She was exercising her  right to be a birthday  DIVA this morning and didn't  cooperate too well  for  a photoshoot in her birthday shirt. Oh well!





Lee decided  to take  the afternoon off so that we could go boating on the lake for the first time this year!
  ....driving to the lake....


Raya was trying to be sweet and hold Brielle's hand....

And now Brielle is being the diva!


Boating was fun, but  we are  definitely  at least another 2 years away from *relaxing* boating trips as a family---and that's if we don't have a 3rd baby! Raya did pretty well as long as we kept feeding her snacks, but Brielle is at that tough age of hating her lifejacket, being bored just sitting on a boat, wanting to get into everything, etc. I think we'll be leaving the kids with Grandma and Grandpa in the future haha. If Raya was our youngest it wouldn't have been too bad though, because she did pretty well. ...so there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Raya was cheering as we left the dock!


Haha..poor Brielle was like a little  stuffed sausage in her lifejacket!







Still working on putting up 3 fingers haha

Raya loved driving the boat!


Can you tell  both girls wanted DOWN!?



I made sure to bring ring pops---my new secret weapon




Love my little birthday girl!


She would fish for about 3 minutes and then get bored...but  would want to fish again after eating her snack lol

Fishing off the back  of the boat- See daddy, we don't need any stinkin' boys!! :-)
Switched Brielle  to a different  lifejacket, hoping it might be more comfy.



We managed to stay on the boat about 1.5 hours, which was actually better than I expected! We played in the grass while daddy got the boat all packed up again...


Love  this one





Dirtball---sign of a good boating trip!




Crooked  glasses = long day of boating!

Ahhhhh - dorable :-)







After boating we had to stop and get Raya a cake.  Even though I'm making cupcakes for her party tomorrow she couldn't fathom not having a birthday cake today haha. I took her to the grocery store to get a generic sheet cake and she screamed "I SEE THE CAKES!!!!"  and then we she made it to the cooler she said "I  want this one...no this one....no this one" until she picked the perfect cake :-)


She loves being sung  to haha


yay!


Don't  mind if I do! :-)
And her birthday day ended with her special surprise....

Her  tanktop straps need to be shortened lol

Her  first glimpse....

A new bike!!!! She was actually way more pumped about this than I even expected. She loved it, and rode around for probably 30 minutes until we made her come in to get ready for bed! Can't wait to see her reaction tomorrow when she gets the dollhouse!!!!!


Giving it a good  lookover


Big  girl on her big  bike!

Guess this old thing is mine now....

Bumper bikes!
And to end, my fav pictures of me with the girls from today...


Miss Raya, you told me multiple times "I  had a fun day Mama!" and that makes me so happy! Can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays with you. Love you baby girl!

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Raya!!!

    Love her new bike!

    Quick question - tonight I was told on blogger that I have run out of space for pictures. Joe thinks it's because of the larger size of our pictures from our camera. I think you have a similar camera or just got one. Have you run into this problem? I don't want to buy more space, and I don't feel like going back and making my pics. smaller, but I may have too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm....I've never seen that message! That'll suck if they tell me that because I don't think I'd have time to go back and resize them all!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday miss raya. It looks like you had an awesome time boating. Can she ride her bike? Kaylee hasn't quite got the hang of peddling. I hope she has a great birthday party tomorrow. Kaylees party is sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was surprised she actually did really well. We got her a 14inch bike, which is bigger than the typical 12 inch for her age, but she's fairly big so the 12 inch seemed like she'd outgrow it right away. Every once in awhile she needs help with a little push to get going again, but she did circles in the driveway for quite awhile lol. Hope Kaylee has a great party on Sunday---can't wait to see pics!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Sweet Raya! Looks like she had a fun fun day. Rock your party girl!

    ~Anu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Raya!! I love all the pictures, it looks like you guys had fun out on the boat...i'm jealous! haha And what a super cute bike, it's sooo cute!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!! It looks like you had so so much fun. Raya looks so big on her bike. I bet having the boat is awesome in the summer. I am a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to my sweet Raya!!! Love all the pics, talk about a blinged out bike!!!!! how adorable!!! I bet your neighbors talk about the little girls that dress up to play out side and now when they see that bike!!!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer FrasherMay 19, 2012 at 6:53 AM

    Happy Birthday Raya!!!!! We hope you had a great day, it looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Raya!!! What a FUN family day! Such cute pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)