Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Let's talk toys!

So we continue to have fun playing  with all  of Raya's new toys from her birthday!

The dollhouse however will certainly  be the death of me. Brielle LOVES it, but it  makes me so nervous with all  the little peices. So we tried putting a baby gate around it to keep Brielle out (and Raya could sit inside and play) ....but  90% of the time it just breaks Brielle's heart and she cries like you've shunned her from the family, so  then I feel  bad  and let her in!


And today I  had  time to show Raya  exactly what everything in the dollhouse is and does (because some of the items she wasn't quite  sure) and so now she is playing  nicely with everything and doing a better job of keeping items in the correct rooms---but  in general still my OCD kicks in every night after they go to bed  and I spend 15 minutes carefully putting all the rooms back together!!! LOL....hopefully soon she will  catch on and keep everything neat and tidy :-P



Another  big hit  has been  the Lalaloopsy figures that  my friend Bridgett  gave Raya. She called them "my two little girls in the two little  houses"...but  in actuality the "houses" were just the  boxes they came in haha. She liked the figures and little items that  came with them, but didn't have anything for them to *do*. So today we used her birthday money from Lee's parents to get the Lalaloopsy house...and Raya  has been  having tons of fun with the secrete doors and porch  swing and little picnic table etc.  that  came with it!


There is room in the house for furniture and stuff, but she doesn't  have any of that. She still thinks  it's fun though! Grandma and Grandpa F., maybe  you can keep an eye out garage saleing for any accessories and furniture!

The little figures  are very cute though. The have "button" eyes and are  supposed to look  like little rag dolls. Their legs  dangle and their heads bobble hehe.


Raya also  continues  to love her Barbies! I'm now on a mission to organize all of her new toys haha. Luckily my parents are planning to have  a garage sale in August so I hope to sell  off some of our outgrown toys to make more room for all the fun new big girl stuff! (Although this would  be easier  to do if I could decide whether I still  wanted a 3rd baby lol...for now I think I'm safe selling off at least some of it until I decide for sure :-)

Are  there any fun "big  girl" toys that your kids really  love???? I'm loving the new level  of toys available to my now 3-year-old! Please share any new trendy toys that your kids love!! I'm so  glad to have girls  at times  like  this, because  I think this stuff  is so much more fun than GI Joes and dinosaurs and wrestlers and matchbox cars :-P No  offense to the boys, but their  stuff is kind of lame! ;-)

And lastly, here  are some cute pictures of the girls today (we went shopping because the only  place where I can buy tulle for my tutus had their tulle on sale 50% off! So we drove 30 minutes there to buy a ton and stock up! Then we went to the Children's Museum (since we have a year long membership now) and we ate a yummy lunch at Panera and had cookies for dessert :-) Fun day!







Hope you enjoyed this toy filled Tuesday update! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Brielle looks so happy inside the gate playing with the dollhouse in the second picture! I love Raya's shirt and skirt today...so cute! By the way, I know someone who could help you out with organizing all those toys ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe...we are using that butterfly cinch sac for her barbies and it works great! and btw, I *still* haven't sent the check for that cinch sac!

      Delete
  2. The girls love kaylees dollhouse too. She also got this wooden like food/picnic set that was a big hit with both of them. Kaylee spent some of her birthday $ & got a Lalaloopsy doll. Love brielles outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you'll have to post pics of the picnic set some time! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Glad it's working out for you! I can't remember, did you pay me for the weekender bag? And do you like it? Just wanted to make sure you got what you were expecting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I paid you for the weekender---let me know if you didn't get that check! I think I owe you for the cinch sac and my mom's latest tote.

      I haven't used the weekender yet, but it's cute! I'm taking a weekend trip in June and will try it out!!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, you are right. Sorry, I should keep better track of that stuff, haha. I totally forgot about your mom's tote.

      Delete
    3. No problem! Clearly I'm super organized about it too LOL

      Delete
  4. Super cute! You can tell that they LOVE that dollhouse. And Raya's pic by the stairs will just melt your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the pics with the girls playing with the doll house!!! They are going to have so many fun years ahead!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)