Friday, June 29, 2012

Brielle's First Surgery

Thanks to everyone for the well  wishes--Brielle is back  at home running and playing...surgery went  great! The surgery itself took  all  of about 5 minutes haha....recovery was definitely the hardest part because she woke up flailing and screaming and completely confused....nothing I did would help so I just had to (try to) hold her and keep her safe. Eventually they sent  us on our way and she fell asleep in the car. And now she's up playing with Raya and feeling great.

They said tons of fluid came out of her ears when they put the tubes in...so it's got to feel good finally  having all that out!

I took some pics of Brielle modeling the latest in hospital fashions for you all. Puppy paci  even matched her socks!

I had  to tuck  her  pants  into herr  socks because  the pants  were about 12  inches too long! lol


Getting bored and wanting to climb

Sleeping on the way home...she's even got a sad little pout :-(   I  had her wear  our luck hospital  pjs for the  occassion. The only other time I've had to take a kid to the hospital was when Raya had her febrile seizure, and that  day she just happens to be wearing these owl pjs! Since  they brought  us good luck  at the hospital that day I had Brielle wear them today too hehe
So  now we'll  just be taking it  easy here  the rest of the day. So glad that's done and over  with now!

I  thought I'd also  share some of  my new lightroom skills haha. I'm still just  figuring stuff  out and playing, but I did learn some cool new tricks.

For instance,  take this picture  of Brielle in the  hospital. She has that really splotchy  newborn skin, plus some scratches, etc. on her face....

 

Here is my first  attempt playing with different spot removal  tools and  skin smoothing, etc...definitely tones down  some of the imperfections---but  still  pretty natural looking I think


And  then this below was my go all  out baby glamour shot edit haha. The professional  photographer I use *always* does pretty signifcant skin smoothing things I  know, because  I  always  called  them my girls' glamour shots since they had porcelin skin in those  photos!

So  this compared to the original you can definitely see how I  got that magazine baby effect ;-)

I also  tried to  do  a more  "antique" color on it for extra effect
So yeah, definitely  not something to  do  on every photo I  take, but I do think these sorts of photos are at least on the right track to looking more "professional"...gotta keep practicing!

And then remember that favorite picture I took  when we visited  Lee's parents  last, of Brielle  looking into the barn? Well that's been a big hit with many people...including my sister-in-laws mom, who liked it so much she framed it and hung it up---how cool! :-)

My masterpiece is hanging  on the bottom hehe
I decided to play  with lightroom a little  to try editing that  photo a few different ways...here goes!





Which edit  is  your favorite?!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :-)

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Brielle is up and playing. I shouldn't have doubted her, she's a tough little girl!

    I'm jealous of your photography skills. I think I may ask for a nice camera for Christmas so then you can teach me all your skills :)

    I think the last barn picture is my favorite, but they're all really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the last edit the best. You're doing so well with your editing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything went okay with Brielle!

    This is fun watching you edit these photos! That barn shot is cool! I do love how you edited the newborn photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that Brielle did well! You must feel better now as well =)

    I love the barn photos...I have to say my favorite is just regular black & white one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I didn't see those pics of brielle in the hospital before hand, They broke my heart thinking about her being put under!!! Love the last pic of the barn with Brielle, but also like the first one with a pop of color!
    Love,Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great Brielle's surgery went well!!! And I'm sure she feels so much better. What a tough girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)