Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Slumber Party

Yesterday the girls were at my mom's  house to  give me a break to work  on Etsy orders (because Lee  left Monday for  a big  fishing  trip, and let me tell  you---I give props to all the single mom's out there because I  don't think I could  do it! lol...I'm  so ready for him to come home today. As Lee says, "see, I do a lot around there!" ...point taken. ...and let me tell you, he's  got a lot of garbage  to empty and dishes to  wash (by  hand) when he gets  home today...and then he's got approx.  24 hours to  get me a new dishwasher  before I lose my mind! :-)

So  anyways, my  mom had  all  4 grandkids and when my brother arrived to  pick up Sawyer and Harper he offered to  take Raya to their house for a "slumber  party"...so I get a phone  call  from an out of breath Raya  basically  screaming "I go bye bye!!!" and squealing in excitement hehe...my mom then gets on the phone and fills me in that  Uncle John was going to let them go "camping" in a tent on their screened  in porch and they were going to roast hot dogs and  marshmallows, etc. Raya was out of her  mind with excitement!

Obviously I have no pictures of this milestone event--her  first official slumber  party--but  I thought I better  document  it anyways! John brought her back  this  morning and said she woke  up one time around 3am looking for  Sawyer  (who was sleeping right by her haha) but other than that  slept well and was good. He was not, however,  impressed  with  the number  of times she wanted to pee before bed lol (she likes using new  bathrooms) and he couldn't believe the number of bedtime lovies she required :-P

So  now we  will  need  to  have  Sawyer for  a slumber party at *our* house next. John said he told the kids that Uncle Lee would let them  sleep out on the trampoline--I'm sure  Lee will  be thrilled to hear that news! haha

8 comments:

  1. Yay for her first {& successful} slumber party!

    That is hilarious that she likes to use new bathrooms!! :)

    So excited for you that Lee will be home today. I agree with you, props to single moms. I am sure you remember me sharing on my blog before we moved, we were without Joe two weeks at a time for 4 months. It's hard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought that making it all night at her first slumber party was pretty good haha.

      Oh I know, I don't know how you did that! So nice that you guys are all under the same roof again!!!!

      Delete
  2. How fun!! I can't wait for the girls to have slumber parties. Glad to hear she had a good time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think starting with a slumber party at Sawyer's house was a good introduction---she's happy as long as Sawyer is with her!! hehe

      Delete
  3. She was soooo excited, while John loaded the extra car seat she was convinced he was going to leave without her, I told her she had to go potty before leaving, the whole while she was sitting on the potty, she kept saying "hurry Grama their going to leave me"!!!! When she was in the car seat ready to leave , I gave her a kiss goodbye and she said "I'm sooooo excited"!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! Emma was 5 before she had her first slumber party, and she still talks about it to this day! I bet Raya had a blast!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading about how excited she was is so awesome. Can't wait to read about Sawyer sleeping over at your house including pictures of the kids on the trampoline ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Cael had his first sleepover not long ago with his cousins and had a blast. It's great that your girls have cousins so close in age!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)