Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Stick a fork in me...

I'm so  DONE with germs and sickly babies and lack  of sleep LOL

Brielle  looks as  good as I  feel today:

And  don't worry, this  amount of snot  came  out of nowhere ...I  didn't  let her cry for hours or anything :-P Too gross not to take  a picture of though hehe

I  think she has molars coming in on top  of  having  a double ear infection and  cold. So basically  she's just  a hot mess.

And  in turn Mama is a hot mess because I'm up until after midnight sewing and then sickly thing here has been  getting  me up around  5:30am. I could  use a nap!

Etsy is also  making me a little crazy lately because  the orders keep coming in and people lately  have all been doing rush shipping,  so  my neat little schedule  is getting cramped way too  full!!! I would just  close up shop right now, but that usually causes more headaches than it's  worth because I get days of people emailing me upset that they didn't get their  orders in fast enough. So instead I've made a public announcement on my shop page and also on Etsy that I'm closing as of THIS SUNDAY....to give everyone time to get in last minute orders. After that I will  not be accepting any orders until  mid to late July...so consider this  my official blog warning! :-) Orders placed now will ship within my approx.  18 day turnaround  time.   I  love  doing Etsy but  just like any job things get a little  crazy from time to time!!!

Good thing I  have a vacation to St  Louis planned soon---I need one!

....and so as not to leave you all  with only  a snot nose picture today, here are some pics of the girls playing rice  in their  pjs this morning.






Sorry for the short  and whiny post---overworked  mama writes about on a Wednesday hump day.

...and misery loves company right? Feel free to share  your "I'm done!" moment  from the week! :-P

13 comments:

  1. Poor Brielle! I hope she feels better soon.

    My daughter (same age as we are in the Jan 11 birth board together as that is how I found your blog) has been sleeping great this past week but before that was terrible as she would wake and not want to go back to sleep. Realized how spoiled I have gotten from her early baby days when she never seemed to sleep :)

    Awesome on the etsy shop! My friend keeps poking me to do something like that but there is nothing I do that I want to do that much of. Guess I am lazy!

    Love your blog, it is great to see other moms with kids of similar ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the Etsy does get a little boring at times when I have tons of orders for the exact same thing haha. I love doing new designs to spice things up!

      Delete
  2. Oh girl. That snotty nose pic. I'm sorry but is so funny! but sad too. Poor Brielle and Mommy. Mommy needs a vacay! Send the girls two hours my way, and they will have a blast with my babes and you can get some rest:) yes? hehe

    Yay for your shop being so busy! But boo, for it being too overwhelming! I can't wait to see my babes outfits! Obviously no rush... take your time. Rest your pretty little head and have a date night or two with the hubby. That usually makes things better, right?? :)

    Oh and the sickies? Ugh. We have them too! Lidia has an ear infection and strep throat. But weirdly enough, I would have never known it unless she didn't tell me her ear hurt. This time around of her being sick has actually been fine. (for once!) Why do kids get sick in the summer??? Summer is for fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will UPS my kids to you, how about that? ;-)

      I'm excited to do your outfits because they are different! haha... I am a little tired of making hungry caterpillar shirts night after night though :-P

      Delete
  3. Ha, Brielle looks like Savanna about one week each month. Poor thing!! Is it sad that I get excited when I see that amount of snot come out though?? It means it is coming out and she is that much closer to feeling much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, hopefully it doesn't last long!

      Delete
  4. I like the title of your post! :)

    POOR Brielle & poor Mama!!! I hope you get a nap today!!!!! I was up late last night too, working on my Thirty-One team newsletter, but I got to sleep until 7, so I can't complain.

    You do need a vacation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be sleeping until 7 much longer! hehe Hopefully you are able to take a little thirty-one vacation when baby arrives :-)

      Delete
    2. You're so funny... and cruel... haha! I know, oh how I know! And, I am NOT looking forward to that part! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, poor girl! She looks so uncomfortable. :( I hope she gets better soon and you get some good rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I'm sorry! I feel the same way, but mine is "Stick a fork in me...I'm done being pregnant!" I'm so happy your Etsy store is doing so well, but you definitely deserve a break. I love that your stuff is so popular though :)

    I'm hoping you guys are getting some naps in today and Brielle starts feeling better soon. That first picture just makes me want to squeeze her (after you wipe the snot off of course) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shawna, I'm in the same boat mama! Feeling a tad overwhelmed with everything & I'm about to raise the white flag too! Yesterday, alone, I was home for a total of 2 hours! Between meetings, K's school, t-ball practice, etc. there was no time to just sit & take a deep breath. But just like everything else, this too shall pass. In the mean time, I'd love to commiserate with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)