Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!! (a bit early ;-)

I'm updating tonight because  I plan to take tomorrow off! :-) Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July! It's supposed to be ungodly hot here tomorrow so  I don't quite  know what we'll end up doing. Absolutely nothing outdoors, I can tell  you that haha. Hopefully we can find some fireworks at night though....but last year was a disaster with Raya because by the time they started she was tired and cranky and not at all amused, so I want to leave Brielle at home this year. I think Raya might finally be old enough to enjoy them though. We'll see!

Today Raya wanted  to dress "beautiful" so I dressed her and Brielle in red, white,  (and blue for  brielle!) ....I had  Finn today as well and he was dressed festively too!

Here are my photos from the day. I"m really happy with the composition and most of the time the lighting---I'm still experimenting with various edits in lightroom. My biggest challenge continues to be blur--kids move so damn much! haha. And Finn was bobbly and wiggly too...so I feel like 40% of my photos still have some slight blur in them...pretty dang good though for just starting I think :-)








I love the vintage  feel  of this one---the polkadots are very 50s or something haha
Horrible picture  quality, but the only  pic  Brielle woudl take haha. She's at a horrible  age for pictures!
And then baby Finn did a photoshoot for me as well haha. This was probably my favorite---love the lip! hehe










Thanks for playing along baby Finn! :-)

And since  I've updated frequently lately, don't  miss  my earlier updates! Raya the photographer, and slip n slide  fun!

11 comments:

  1. Lightroom is awesome isn't it! You're doing an awesome job and the photos look great! Happy 4th to you and your family =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it! My only problem is there are so many cool things to do I feel like sometimes I'm not very "consistent" haha. Oh well, I figure I'll eventually settle on a signature style ;-)

      Delete
  2. I just love seeing what you are doing with your photos! These all look so great... so professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like it's still a little hit and miss, but at least I'm consistently getting a few I really love :-)

      Delete
  3. I love all the pictures, but I always seem to have a favorite so I feel like I have to share it with you, haha. Ok, actually I couldn't decide between two of Raya...the first and fourth pictures are my favs. And I love Finn's pouty lip :)

    Happy 4th! Stay cool! We might go down to my aunt and uncles in Illinois since they have a pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing favorites! :-)

      A pool sounds like the place to be!

      Delete
  4. The first pic of Raya and the first pic of Finn are my favorites!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first picture of raya. I've been thinking about getting Lightroom. Loving the quiver lip from Finn, too cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Lightroom is awesome. I don't even understand 1/2 of it, but I still feel like my photos look 10 times better just from using it :-)

      Delete
  6. I love the first two of Raya, her eyes look so pretty. I like the quivering one but I think the last two of Finn are my fav. The last one w Finn and Raya is super cute. She looks like a natural holding him and the look on his face, priceless.
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had a few others of her holding him, but it was before I found the good light and by the time I was ready to try again Raya was over it! LOL ;-)

      Delete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)