Tuesday, July 31, 2012

So long, Farewell

We have a couple goodbyes today.

First, today is baby Finn's  last day here! I  will  continue to be a backup person for his other sitters though so I'm sure he'll  come play from time to time :-) The girls will  surely miss him! But  it'll  be nice being able t o schedule various activities without always having to plan around  babysitting days.

As a send off to baby Finn we decided  to do a goodbye photoshoot! (My nice  camera is packed up for  our trip, so I appologize for these poor quality photos from the point and  shoot)








As a going  away present I whipped him up a super quick tshirt today...he told me he'd probably spit up all  over it (he's a pukey baby!) so instead of putting it on him we just did a faux-photoshoot with it laying on him ;-)


"Oh my, I LOVE it!" :-)


The second goodbye to address today is my own! Tomorrow afternoon I  leave on my vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll  be taking the girls to my parents  house tomorrow and won't be back  until Sunday night!

I know some parents are very anti leaving their kids overnight....let's just  say I'm not in that group! I think it might be different if I wasn't a stay at home mom, but frankly it's hard to miss the little turds when they are stuck  to me 24/7 at home haha. Absence makes the heart  grow fonder, so they better get absent for a bit! :-) And also, I feel fine leaving them because the  love staying with my parents and I know they'll  be spoiled rotten. Brielle always cries when I come to pick  her up and clings  to Grandma F. haha...little stinker...so it'll  be like her  dream vacation!

But before you  all  start  calling  DHS to report me, let me just say that while I won't miss early morning wake ups, diapers, eating my meals when they're  cold because  I spent the  first 10 minutes cutting things up in little peices, etc. I  WILL miss the cuddles and giggles  from ym sweet little girlies! I have a feeling they're still be this cute when I return though, so no worries :-)












I'll be be back  on Monday  with a recount of our trip!! Be  jealous, be very  very jealous my  friends ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Have a blast!! I'm a little jealous. We just went away a little more than a month ago and I'm already ready to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time. I'm jealous of your just you & your hubby trip without the kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have so much fun!! im very jealous, and im sure your girls will love all that grandma time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun trip! I always think it's nice to have the kids go stay overnight at the grandparents too. It gives us moms a much needed break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to take a kidless trip. I haven't left Kyla yet, but I know I'll be able to as long as my mom will watch the kids. I don't trust anyone else :) She'll get good practice when I'm in the hospital and then hopefully she'll be willing to keep both kids!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already for the girls, got groceries, treats, have our days planned!!! should be a good time had by all!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great vacation! We'll all miss you and I'm sure Finn will too... looks like you did a great job watching him!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)