Friday, August 17, 2012

Brielle's a model!

Today the unthinkable happened you guys. Brielle actually *wanted* to pose and copied big sister---it was soooooooooooooooooo cute! Too bad I wasn't prepared for a real photoshoot when it happened haha. But check  out how cute  these sisters are!



Um, cutest thing EVER is it not?! :-)

Here are some more pics....


This is her  face when  she is trying to  tell  me about some horrible offense Brielle  has committed :-P










And  lastly, a little mini "fashion Friday" fashion show ;-) First off, in my defense I really haven't bought *that* much back to school  stuff for Raya. I  bought some of that  consignment store stuff for $1 each awhile back, but I don't really  count that haha. So for real back to school shopping I got those  two owl outfits I posted yesterday, then I did  order from Old Navy and got a couple of those soft dresses with leggings that I had posted awhile back  as wish list items (I still  really want the  colored skinny jeans, but waiting for a sale), and then today our order from Naartjie arrived (my favorite store,  so I  had to buy something! lol).

I have talked a bout Naartjie a lot in the past, but  as a refresher, it's a south african company and there are only a few actual stores in the U.S....so most people have to order online. Most of there stuff  is comfy clothes---leggings and tunics/dresses/etc....so I love  it for the girls. It's no fuss but still super cute. And they run sales constantly...so the prices are not bad at all. I ordered sale items when I also had a 20% coupon, so my stuff was a great bargain. The resale on this stuff  is amazing too They sell out of sizes and colors pretty fast sometimes though, so if there is a popular item get it fast!

The other thing about Naartjie is that  their stuff does not look as good online as it does in person! I can't even capture all the details with my camera either---but trust me, in person their stuff  is to die for. They always have little embellishments hidden all over their items. Pants  tend to run long so I  wouldn't order up on them---tops I always order up a size to  get two years of wear.

And I  have  been  good about not buying Brielle anything at all because she gets all these hand me downs....but  it's been hard! LOL

So here is Raya with her two Naartjie outfits for fall

The  whole back  of the shirt is the yellow floral pattern.


The size 5 shirts are long in the arms, but  I just roll them once right now---and then next year she'll  easily be able to wear it again. The size 4 pants  are plenty  long---I had them pulled up a little here. (The sides of the flare pants have 2 crochet flower details to match the top embellishement)



Ok kid, after  the Old Navy order arrives that is your school wardrobe--no more! Spoiled  little  brat ;-)

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness look at Brielle laying with her hands on her face, so adorable!

    Raya's new outfits are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't believe she did that!

      Delete
  2. SO adorable. Thanks A LOT. I just went to that Naartjie website and bought the whole store! Well, I would have if they weren't sold out of everything except 3-6 month sizes in most of the styles. :) Probably a good thing that I walked away with only what I did! Really very reasonable prices if the quality is as good as you say! Can't wait for it to get here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You'll have to let me know what you think! And yes, the little sizes you have to jump on right away. Once they can move up to size 3 in the big kid section you can wait more for sales :-) Their stuff is so comfy. I've only ever bought Brielle one thing so I haven't shopped in the smaller section much since I discovered the brand when Raya was older!

      Delete
  3. Okay, so here I go! I've made out my order for Naartjie! I LOVE their stuff! So since you have ordered from them before, tell me what you think about sizes. Emma wears a size small shirt in the girls section now, and a she's in between sizes in pants. But she can still fit somewhat into a 5t pants. What do you think I should get for sizes?? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Raya was 38inches and 37lbs back in May...She's probably 39+inches now. Normally in brands like Old Navy she's in 4T pants (the length of 4T pants is plenty long, but the waist is just right).

      So in Naartjie I did 4T bottoms and they are plenty long. Pretty much all of Naartjie bottoms are stretchy waist, but the length is usually generous. Raya can still wear her Naartjie 3T bottoms from last fall but they are getting snug in the thighs. (Naartjie leggings are usually pretty fitted in the leg). So long story short, if you are getting tighter fit leggings at Naartjie I'd maybe do a 6...because they can be a little bunchy at first and it's not really a problem. But if you are getting more of the looser flair pants etc. then a 5 would probably be fine.

      For tops I got Raya size 5....they are long, but they were the type of top that could work as a tunic/dress at first and then next year I'm assuming they'll fit more like a top. If you choose a dress that has a defined waist on naartjie then I probably wouldn't size up as much. Once again, long story short, size 6 tops would probably be ok :-)

      Delete
    2. ....but if there is a particular outfit you are questioning let me know and I'll look it up. I am on Gymbofriends and people post fashion shows and the stats of their kids...so I could see if there is a show posted of a kid similiar in size to Emma wearing the outfits you are wanting :-)

      Delete
    3. You are awesome!!! I love the grey outfit that Raya is wearing, but I can't find the pants on their site!!! I also love the mixed print purse dress! I really want to get that for Emma!

      Delete
    4. Oh bummer! I checked and they sold out of those pants in that color :-( So you would have to pick one of the other color schemes if you wanted that exact outfit. Otherwise I've seen people pair that shirt with these leggings: http://www.naartjiekids.com/product/ess-stp-crochet-flwr-legg in the yellow. You would then either order up on the shirt so it's longer with the more fitted leggings, or some people put the shirt in normal size on with a jean skirt and the fitted leggings and it was super cute.

      I will check on sizes for the mixed print dress!

      Delete
    5. I actually really like those leggings, the striped ones!! Thanks for your help!!! I'm going to order that shirt with the stripe leggings and then probably the other one I told you about, but i'll wait to see what you find out first =)

      Delete
    6. Ok, so I found pics of a girl who is 6 and 44lbs and 45inches ....and in the mixed print purse dress she got a size 7 for the dress and size 7 for the matching polkadot capris (the mom said they did size 6 pants for full length pants, but 7 in those capris) ...the dress looks to hit right below her knee and fit nicely with room to grow.

      That same girl got a size 6 shirt (the yellow and gray like Rayas) and size 7 leggings in this print http://www.naartjiekids.com/product/ess-twiggy-prt-ruff-leggi The leggings are very fitted so even though they are a little long they don't drag on the ground at all. The shirt looks to fit her good---and they paired the shirt and leggings with a skirt.

      Hope that helps so you can compare with how big Emma is! :-)

      Delete
    7. Perfect!!! I'm going to place my order then!!! Thank you again for your help =)

      Delete
  4. Those pictures are so great! I don't think I could ever Kyla to pose like that. I love Brielle's blue eyes!

    So I have some stuff in my Crazy 8 cart. I got my Parenting magazine in the mail today and there's a 20% off coupon for that and Gymboree. Score! I just need to pull the trigger and checkout. But I think I need to look at the stuff first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sign you are supposed to buy! LOL :-)

      Delete
    2. I meant to say I think I need to look at the BOY stuff first! I got some boy swim shorts for next summer for $4.99 and some other cute things. Tyler's going to kill me :)

      Delete
  5. How fricken adorable!!!!!! What gorgeous eyes she has too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute that she is posing now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pretty pretty little Brielle!!!! Is she cute or what!!!!!! Those preschool teachers are going to die when they see all the cuteness coming in their doors this year!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Brielle's blue eyes... she is becoming such a pretty little girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)