Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School supply shopping

So Raya starts preschool on Tuesday, and the school sent us a little supply list....so today Raya went  school supply shopping for the first time! Luckily there were only like 5 things on the list, and they are just things to put in the community supply closet---not supplies specific to Raya---so it was a quick and cheap shopping list :-)

Raya however was THRILLED with this list and told me "no one else can hold my list because it's MY list and my teacher gave it to ME!"   LOL. Yes mam!

Well on Sunday  when I  was at the outlet mall my mom saw this owl purse at Claires and we decided Raya definitely needed it. So I was holding onto it for the perfect time to give it to her and decided today was the day! So I surprised her with it and told her  it was for her shopping list. The girl was over the moon.


I gave her $1 and some pennies to put in the purse with her list. All day she would say "I hear it jingle!" haha. At the post office when I went to pay she said "no mommy, I have money!" ...and I said  "oh, that's not enough honey" and she said "but  you gave me $1!!!!!!"   She thought she was rich :-) She ended up using the $1 to have her and sissy ride a ride at the mall, and she threw her pennies in the fountain. She said "I will share my money with sissy because she is my sister and I love her"   ....awwwwwww

She carried it all  day---she thought she was hot stuff! She held it in her carseat too...she dangled it over the edge and just held on for the whole 20 minute drive haha


When we got home I had  her pose with her  supplies she picked  out!

It's possible we also picked  up a headband at Target lol ;-) It matched her outfit  so perfectly!!! It's from the toddler girl section and oh man, they  have some TO DIE FOR new fall outfits out right now. Sweater leggings, corduroy bubble skirts, shorts with tights underneath, etc. I refrained but it was painful! If you actually need new clothes you should go check it out :-)

We also picked up some boots today. On Sunday when I went  with my mom I had wanted to get Raya some boots to wear with all her leggings and jeggings this year. I thought hot pink or gray would be good because that's what we have the most of right now for clothes. Well I found some pink ones but they had velcro sides and the velcro I could  tell was just not going to stay stuck together when she played, so we returned those boots today and got gray ones with toggle closures instead. (We got these at Gordmans and they were only $12!! By far the cheapest boots like this that I've seen anywhere, and I looked all over haha. No idea how comfy they are, but  Raya seemed to like them ok.)


Hopefully they  aren't way too big  come cold weather. She's actually  a size 9 when measured, but we've been buying size 10 so that she has room to grow and she can still walk in them fine. But  the gray boots  were totally sold out in anything smaller than an 11 so we just went for it hahaha....she hasn't tripped yet ;-)



lastly, my necklace  came  today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is gorgeous---I'm so happy with it! It's 1000 times prettier than these pictures but  you get the idea ;-) My camera flash was washing out the color, but the copper sun is to die for and it's really  well made. Love it!



I definitely  recommend tag you're it jewelry on Etsy!

10 comments:

  1. Loving her owl purse, too cute
    Those boots are adorable. I agree the big kid section at target is adorable
    Love your necklace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Actually this stuff was in the little girl section---the up to 5T stuff. Really cute!

      Delete
  2. I loveeee the boots! I got Emma a pair of grey boots yesterday at Old Navy, but I think they are too high. Not the heel of them, they just almost come up to her knees. We'll see how they work out. I love Raya's headband too =) And your necklace is beautiful!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's cool that you found some at Old Navy--I have such a hard time finding Raya boots because she is too small for the big girl sizes but the toddler girl shoes always seem to be sold out in her size!

      Delete
  3. She is too cute! You can just tell how excited she is for school. I'm going to have to go check out the clothes at Target. I want to get Kyla some outfits with leggings and a pair of boots. I think I'll be venturing out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a pair of striped sweater leggings there that are so adorable---someone needs to buy them!! (hint hint :-)

      Delete
  4. Love Raya with her list and purse!!!!! She is just going to love preschool!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet raya wanted to give you the mom of the year award when you pulled out the owl purse! How smart to have that waiting for the perfect moment :D

    Your necklace is perfect. I love it so much. How fun and different from the normal birthstones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that owl bag. How cute is she with how proud she was to go shopping??

    Your necklace is so pretty! I have been looking and looking for one I love for a couple months now. I can't wait to find one and order it. I actually ordered one for my MIL that just shipped out yesterday. I can't wait to give it to her for watching the girls throughout all of this. I actually love it so much now that it will probably be hard to give it away! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Raya's purse! She looks like she's ready to go out shopping in those pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)