Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We traded baby #3...

....for THIS:



Let me explain ;-) You see, when we bought our current home I did what most people do---planned out exactly who would go where and what  would go to each room. Since at the time I still planned  to have a third baby I thought that Brielle would eventually move into Raya's room and share, then Brielle's nursery would become baby #3's nursery, and the playroom was downstairs in the 4th bedroom....and my Etsy shop was in a corner of the downstairs family room area. Worked well for the most part.

....but then we scratched hypothetical baby #3 (sorry kid!) and traded him/her for a pool table hehe.  I still  want the girls to share a room while they're young, so in a few months when Brielle moves in to share with Raya then the nursery upstairs will be empty. I have decided to turn that room into the new playroom (frankly a downstairs playroom doesn't  work so well  anyways....they are always dragging their toys upstairs!)....so now with the playroom moving  upstairs the 4th bedroom downstairs is empty! So into the 4th bedroom goes my Etsy shop (yay for being able to close a door on my mess LOL), which now frees up a ton of space in the downstairs family room area.....and in moves the pool table ---to complete  the  man cave.

(We still have to put  up the silver trim edging around the outside)

The pool table doesn't cry, poop, or throw tantrums, so right now it seems to be an excellent trade ;-)

And that  my friends is the story of how hypothetical  baby #3 was  traded for a pool table. (Raya and Brielle better watch themselves---if they get to sassy I have some ideas of what I could trade *them* in for! LOL)

9 comments:

  1. that's so awesome! My husband would kill for a pool table... not gonna happen. We definitely don't have the space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with guys and pool tables? haha ;-)

      Delete
  2. LOVE YOUR HOUSE! :)

    and I want to buy a pool table too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) When we bought this house they had recently finished off the basement with this "man cave"....so the built ins, etc. in the basement are actually nicer than the upstairs lol.

      I am no good at pool, but maybe now I can practice up! hehe

      Delete
  3. Your house is beautiful! I love that family room down there!

    Do you play pool too? That would be so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can play, I'm just not all that great haha. I like to try though! I don't really drink, so when we go to a bar with friends I have fun playing a game of pool :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the house! I'm jealous, we have no room in our house! Maybe someday we will upgrade to my dream house =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! We want to have a pool table in our next house too. I'm no good either, but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry but that is not my kind of baby!!!!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)