Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Am I the only one....

....who stays up waaaay too late at night, because my only  down time is when the girls are sleeping, and I don't  want to waste it? haha. Seriously, it's been months now that I have been staying up past midnight (and mind you still getting up at 6am with my early  risers!) but  I  just can't bring myself to go to bed any sooner! I have so much to cram into my evenings once the girls go to bed--Etsy sewing, watching DVR'd shows, catching up on internet stuff, eating snacks in peace, etc.  etc. :-P And  before I know it  every night it's after midnight before  I even think about going to bed!

Not that I don't  enjoy my time with these two:


...but  Lee and  I often find ourselves  doing the parent celebration dance after getting the  girls  to bed for the night---and  then it's PAR-TAY time kid free! hehe.  No way I'm spending party time in my bed  asleep :-P

And so that's the  story of why you may see me answering Etsy emails, surfing facebook and blog land, pinning away on Pinterest, and watching The Voice in the wee hours of the morning while the girls sleep. 'Tis the life of a mom!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I regret it every morning when my alarms goes off between 5-6 am, but I relish that quiet time at night when the girls are in bed.

    Super cute picture of the girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT the only one :) Recently I was put on a medication that makes me so tired that I'm in bed by nine, but before that, it was 1 or 2 am, all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way. It doesn't help that I work 4 nights a week, from 4pm to 2am, so my schedule is all screwed up. But on my days/nights off I stay up until at least 1am, catching up on shows etc. So no, you aren't the only one!! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)