Saturday, October 20, 2012

My photography biz' :-)

So this  morning despite the  clouds and fog and leftover rain puddles we ventured out to do Finn's family photos, as well  as my brother's foreign exchange student's senior pics. Overall I love how they turned out!

Here are some of my favs (And can we just  talk for a second about what a great job Casey did styling everyone?! Seriously, I die over the matching hats and suspenders :-)


This bridge is right behind my brother's house. It  washed  away in the flood awhile back  and they just finished rebuilding it. It's a historic bridge---for walking on, not driving.



Love that smile!















 

Ok, so clearly I had  a ton of favorites LOL ;-)

And now a couple of my first attempt at senior photography...






Let me know what you all  think! :-)

18 comments:

  1. These turned out awesome. Great job. Loving Finn & daddies matching outfits, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out amazing! You are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, AMAZING! Great job!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... those family pictures are ADORABLE!! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!
    Love,
    GramaF

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome! They are all really good! Can we also talk about how Finn is quite possibly the most photogenic baby EVER? Seriously, he is so cute! You must be one funny lady to get him to smile at you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, his mommy had a pretty good cheer that she would sing to him from behind me too lol --he thought that was pretty funny ;-)

      Delete
  7. FABULOUS!! Those look incredibly professional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job on Fin's pictures!! Kasey did a great job on their outfits. I love love love them!John and Em's student looks so young, your pictures really bring out her eyes, they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, she's only 16...a young senior ;-)

      Delete
  9. I foresee a very profitable children/family photography business in your future :) seriously, I wish you lived in my townsp I could hire you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, Love, Love the pictures. We may be looking for someone this fall for Amanda.

    Amy M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad everyone likes them :-)

      Delete
  11. You are seriously amazing! Teach me your ways :) no but seriously, did you start looking at photography tutorials, read books, etc?? I have a DSLR but no way even close to amazing pics like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!

      Actually, I have no idea what I did lol. I did read a book called "understanding exposure" which is supposed to be a good book for learning how shutter speed, iso, and aperature work together...but it was kind of over my head so I'm not sure how much it helped me haha.

      The main thing I've done is just take lots of pics and keep practicing! That has over time helped me understand what lighting conditions/settings/etc. work best.

      I also look at Pinterest a lot of ideas of poses and picture crops etc.

      Delete
  12. Okay, so I want to go to this bridge next time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)