Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Preschool Halloween Party

Today was Raya's preschool Halloween party! Please excuse the crappy photos, as I didn't take my nice camera.  I had Brielle and Harper with me and was busy enough chasing after them without worrying about  my fancy camera lol.

As I've said before, this is the first year  Raya picked her own costume. It's definitely not what *I* would have chosen!! But she loves it and she worked it out today hehe.

Can you spot Miss Raya Marie in her class?


Her costume just  cracks me up because I have to pull the bottom up so much in order for her to walk, that  it  ends up being a very unproportional  mermaid! :-P And it's a horrible costume to layer up for freezing Iowa Halloweens too. But  she proudly  told everyone what she was and my oh my, was she  in her element collecting candy! (We all walked  on a parade through downtown and all the  businesses passed out candy---we got a ton! Harper and Brielle sure  did march up to each business and get their own too :-P)

Here is a zoomed in photo of the girls in Raya's  class  (except for the kangeroo, who is  also a girl...she didn't  make it in this  picture)


The  lamb is Raya's "best friend"  (in Raya's  mind anyways haha...although the little girls mom did say she talks about Raya  too, so hopefully it's not completely one sided! Her mom made the lamb costume and it was so cute--she even wore a bell around  her  neck lol. Raya has also mentioned playing with the little  witch before too. Pink super girl  and tinkerbelle always talk  to Raya in the halls when we are waiting to go into preschool, and superman (girl) is so adorable...she's a little tomboy :-) The kitty cat is the last girl and she's adorable too!   (Raya never talks about any boys  in her  class---although  she loves playing with Sawyer, apparently they quickly learn that  boys and girls do not normally socialize haha....Raya never plays with boys at preschool---they've  got cooties ya know ;-)

Here was  Raya singing a Halloween song with her class


This picture makes  me laugh and laugh. It's why I refer to her costume (lovingly) as "the drag queen mermaid" haha...it's all  so wrong, yet all  so right for Miss Raya Marie! :-)


One last  one to hold you all  over until tomorrow---and  tomorrow my little  pink furry monster will make her big  Halloween debut---stay tuned!!!!



6 comments:

  1. How cute. Kaylees Halloween parade is tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! She chose a great costume! Isn't it hard to let them choose though? This was the first year I really let them choose too, and it was so hard for me to keep my mouth shut and not sway them, but I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her mermaid costume!! =) It's suppose to be really cold here tomorrow for trick-or-treating, so i'm sure Emma will look like a nice plump Dorothy! haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! These pics are to die for!!!!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! I totally get the drag queen mermaid comment -- but I think it's adorable... I don't know what that says about me though..... :)

    I'm so sad I couldn't go to Averie's preschool halloween party this year. Next year hopefully I'll be able to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...glad I'm not the only one thinking it! ;-)

      Delete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)