Friday, October 5, 2012

T.G.I.F.

The girls opened the door for a Jehovah's Witness this morning when I was downstairs getting something :-o I posted on facebook that I need to explain to them we only open the door for people selling Girl Scout Cookies! lol

Raya is going to stay with Lee's parents this weekend...Yay! ;-)

My parents will probably take Brielle for a little bit sometime this weekend too---maybe Mama can go shopping for a couple new tops to go with my new jeans! Or else maybe I can just lay around the house and enjoy the quiet :-P

It's freaking COLD here today. As in I turned on the heat and made hot chocolate cold. Brrrrrrr.

Brielle's cold is in full force today...I hate snot, especially when it's on my pant leg :-/

Thanks to everyone for the reviews/advice on my post yesterday about Christmas shopping!

Wanna know what's on *my* Christmas list? Well  I'd really like a point and shoot camera to keep in my purse. (Hint Hint Lee ;-)  I also want a rug for the new playroom and shelving (not sure if this would go on my list or the girls', but probably mine since I don't have all that much I want personally.

This is the rug I'm currently set on for the playroom:

Source: ebay.com via Shawna on Pinterest

I love all  the colors and I think it'd go well with the trees and deer on the wall, because it's still an outdoorsy feel. I also like that it feels girlie without pink and purple throwing up all over the room haha. I really want to do red accents, so I think I'll pull out the red from the ladybugs and stuff.

I would  love to find something like this--I really want some toadstools in the room!

Source: ravelry.com via Shawna on Pinterest


This is what I want to do for the shelving--or something similiar  (since Lee refuses to build any more toy shelves! haha) ...I want a bench in the middle and then shelves on either side.



And lastly, I want this wall art! I talked to the Etsy seller who sells it and she said it's no problem to add a second little deer :-) I think I want the little deer and heart in shades of red, and then the adult deer in brown...

Source: etsy.com via Shawna on Pinterest


Lastly  for this  random update, here is a quick Fashion Friday...the cold weather let us  bring out some fun comfy clothes!

Old Navy hooded thermal dress and silver bow  leggings

Lydia Jane outfit...found this at TJMaxx. Please excuse the drool on her shirt ;-)
Have a great weekend everyone--I know *I* will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with the rug!!! I'm in desperate need of a new rug in our living room. However, i'm thinking I want to completely re-do our living room. We have brown furniture, and I have a ton of cranberry accents. I'm thinking I want to throw all the cranberry stuff out and add blues and teals. Soooo that means I need a whole new area rug for our living room!!! =)
    The deer wall art is awesome!!! I love it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can't believe they opened the door and let them in!

    I love all the ideas you have for your play room; that rug is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the play room stuff!!!!!! also the girls look sooooo cute!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)