Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Brrrrrrrrrr...baby, it's cold outside!

Last night was the coldest night since last March, according to the weatherman this morning. So today for preschool I pulled out the girls' new winter coats! And let me tell you, one furry hood is cute, but take that hood times two adorable little girls and you end up dying of cuteness overload!



The girls had matching coats last year as well (Raya's was pink, Brielles was purple) ...and since I always buy a little big to get two years worth out of stuff, the coats still fit this year. But I had seen these adorable black and hot pink  coats at Target awhile back and loved them, and then a little girl who came to my Halloween party was wearing the coat and it looked so cute! So you can all imagine what my willpower did this weekend when I saw the coats were on sale, all picked over, but miraculously had the two sizes I wanted---it was destiny! ;-)

So now their coats from last year are their new everyday coats, and these beauties are their new "good" coats.



Brielle wouldn't  pose with  Raya  today---this  is the best I could do.
And  lastly (see, I told you I'm in a slacker mood since Lee returned! ;-)  ...here is our what Raya wore segment---today at preschool she's wearing this cute corduroy dress from Gymboree that I scored last year for $1 at consignment :-)


Brielle's in a repeat Lydia Jane outfit


So what's the weather  like where *you* live? We are still waiting for our first snow---the girls are excited to go sledding!! I used to hate the cold and snow when I was working, but now that I have the luxury of staying inside all day with the fireplace and hot chocolate on the blizzardy days, I actually kind of love the snow! And of course when I do have to leave the house it helps to have two little furry hooded cuties as my company :-)

22 comments:

  1. loving their coats, where are they from?
    Its cold here in CA, at 8:45am its 40 degrees! We have our fireplace going and its so nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those coats!

    its cold here now...this past weekend it was 70s its going to be in 50s later this week!

    I dont mind snow if I dont have to leave either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 70s are my favorite temp :-)

      Delete
  3. We dipped in to the 40s this morning, after a weekend in the 90s! I had to chase after Matt and Savanna with her jacket this morning because I didn't realize she needed it!

    Love the coats! I just stocked up on some winter gear for S for our holiday travels. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Where are you going for the holidays?

      Delete
  4. Yep, obviously it's cold here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!!! I got Emma's new winter jacket in the mail the other day. It's the first time I have bought her a light colored jacket....and I think I may regret it! haha She will probably get it filthy and i'll probably have to wash it every.single.day. HA! =)
    It's been super cold here lately with snow and all that great stuff. However yesterday was in the 60's and sunny. And today it is about 45 degrees and raining. It just doesn't know what it wants to do here! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...yeah, this is the first time they've had black coats, but I will probably like it for the dirt coverage factor!

      Delete
  6. Wahooo! I am your 100th follower!! I will go ahead and bake myself a cake so you don't have to! Lol! I love your blog! Those pictures are so stinkin cute!!

    -Karla @ forevernewlywedded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...thank you!! Now Amy and I don't have to be depressed by the 99 each day :-)

      Delete
  7. I can't believe how cold it is here!!! What the heck?! I have been loving seeing all the little ones bundled up when we go out though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, bundled up babies are just too cute!

      Delete
  8. Its been pretty warm today! A high of 36 degrees! Haha it snowed basically all weekend, and we measured or front yard had ten inches of snow in one night!!! I'm missing the fall leaves :) your girls coats are amazingly adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I am going to check Target for a deal on a coat too. We have a hand-me-down from Gianna, but it's pretty old. And if I can get a good deal, well, you know how that goes so I don't have to give you my excuses :)

    Yay, you're over 100! That 99 was just ticking me off, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...I also saw that old navy was doing a 50% off coat thing---not sure how long that was going for, but they had a couple cute ones too :-)

      Delete
  10. I found you via Mrs. Mommy. Your girls are adorable! :) It was almost 80 here today. (southern california) I know, I know but I am really missing the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! My girls would love that weather---Raya asked to go swimming just the other day! lol

      Delete
  11. I love the fur! I don't know if my girls would be okay with all that by their faces. Then again, as long I tell them they look fabulous, they will usually wear ANYTHING.

    I've been super jealous of all your adorable Gymboree finds. I do all my shopping online, so I'm not close enough to a store to take advantage of the sales. However, Taryn just got a few outfits from there for her birthday and they are SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually buy most of my Gymboree online too. That way I can get the sizes I want and stuff. Word has it that their black friday sale (online too) is like 30% off everything, plus you can stack a 20% off coupon on top of it...I plan to check it out! :-) Plus I think they are going to have lots of specials on fleece, coats, sweaters, etc.

      Delete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)