Thursday, November 15, 2012

I can't even imagine.

So the girls were with my mom most of the day, so not a ton to report tonight. But I've been going back and forth on whether to share the following story and decided that tonight I would. Be warned, it's hard to read.

I just signed into Yahoo the other day to check my mail and somehow this news story  popped up and I clicked  on it---I  really wish I hadn't.

So  then mistake number two was going over to the mom's blog that they mentioned in the news  story--- and as a fellow mom blogger it's heartbreaking to see the wonderful life she documented and then  to know how it all  ended recently. I mean honestly, she blogged an entry just  *hours* before coming home to find her kids dead. I can't imagine.

This really  got me  thinking  though. As a mom blogger, if something tragic ever happened to my family, would I see my blog as a blessing or a curse? Part of me thinks that those parents are lucky to have so much of their lives blogged to look back on, but another part of me thinks that the blog would just lead you to relive all the "what ifs" over and over again.

Since  beginning my blog I've  come across  many blogs about loss, illness, and tragedy. Each time it serves as a great reminder that  you just  never know, and to cherish every second. My thoughts are with  this family and that sweet little girl who is  going to probably spend her whole life  wondering why her siblings died and she survived. Heartbreaking.

3 comments:

  1. That is so heart wrenching! ...mistake number 3, reading the news story and blog after you warned me. I can't even fathom this. That poor mother and her heart ache. I'm going to hug Hudson a little longer today

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story is so sad. I didn't know she had a blog too. THose pictures are so bitter sweet now. Poor family!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)