So I haven't been doing daily "thankful" posts this year at all, but now that Thanksgiving is fast approaching I figured I do a little cramming and get all my thankfulness done in one post :-)
* I'm thankful that Lee has suddenly been making coffee each morning, so that I wake up to a fresh pot. I love coffee but often lack the motivation to make it myself in the morning, and I keep forgetting to set the timer at night!
* I'm thankful for flashlights and sheets. The girls have spent the morning playing in their "tent"....and also spent a good 30 minutes playing in my walk in closet with the flashlight haha. Whatever floats their boat!
* I'm thankful that we found a bed for Brielle on Saturday! It had to be ordered, but in a week or so we should be ready to set it up so that Raya and her can start to get used to the idea. Probably won't attempt actually having Brielle sleep in it until closer to her birthday though. (And in case you are wondering, we always move our girls directly into a twin bed---I don't see the point in messing with toddler beds--just seems like an extra step, and I like to streamline! :-)
* I'm thankful for Raya and the funny things she says to make me laugh. Last night for example Lee told her to draw a picture---after she finished and showed him he asked "is that a big tree?" ...and she replied, "no, that's you after you ate too much!" LOL...I couldn't stop laughing. Then Lee told her to draw a picture of mommy. She drew a picture of mommy and daddy together, but my head was huge compared to Lee's. She said "mommy has a biiiig head!" ...Lee laughed and said that was about as accurate as his big belly after he ate too much :-P
*I'm thankful for Brielle and how sweet she is. She really is a sweet little girl. She loves to cuddle. I love when she sings her cute little songs. And she plays really nicely by herself, which is a huge help to me.
* I'm thankful that I'm able to be a stay-at-home mom right now. I can't imagine this not being my life. I've been home for about 2.5 years now and it's hard to even remember taking Raya to a babysitter that first year. I really think the girls will look back on our time together fondly and have a lot of great memories of mommy that they wouldn't have had otherwise :-)
* I'm thankful for Lee's job that allows me to stay home as well!
* I'm thankful for good health. Even though I feel like I'm constantly dealing with arthritis issues, I know it could be way worse! And the girls have always been relatively healthy too. I think about parents dealing with life threatening illnesses and definitely count my blessings that we have not had anything even close to that.
* I'm thankful for our house. I'm thankful that we are able to own a home and the girls will be able to grow up in such a nice family friendly neighborhood.
* I'm thankful for family and friends. Being home during the day sometimes I catch different shows during nap time---you know, all the daytime tv lol. And it seems like every day it's one dysfunctional family after another. Everyone's family is a little nuts, but I'm definitely thankful that my family is way too boring to end up on Dr. Phil ;-)
* I'm thankful for a house full of groceries. Yesterday Lee took Raya grocery shopping, and so now I actually have food to eat for lunch (and even some oreos for when the girls aren't looking! haha)
* I'm thankful that the girls' kitchen set that I ordered for Christmas seems just as cute in person as it did online! Yesterday we opened it all up to check over the peices. Overall I'm very happy with the quality and how cute it is! They are going to love it.
* I'm thankful that my Etsy shop continues to do well. I never imagined I'd ever be selling as much as I do. I love having some money coming in even though I'm a stay at home mom, so that I can buy stuff for the girls without feeling guilty about spending "lee's" money. (By the way, my Etsy shop will be closing in a few days! I always close around Thanksgiving and stay closed until after the New Year, so if there is something you are wanting please order soon :-)
So what are *you* thankful for today?