Saturday, January 5, 2013

Bathing suit battle--- Bring it!

Let's set the  stage a little...

As our birthday gift  to Brielle we are taking her and Raya to an indoor waterpark sometime in the next few weeks. Since  Raya skipped entirely size 2T summer (more on their huge size difference in an upcoming post!) Brielle was going to be  in need of size 2T swimwear this  year. So I've been keeping an eye on my favorite website for used  children's clothing and then I saw it...someone posted the world's cutest swimsuit, blue to match Brielle's eyes, like new condition...and she only wanted $9!

And when that swimsuit arrived today and I quick  tried it on Brielle (overtop her clothes!) I discovered that  I have the most beautiful bathing beauty in the world! (Or certainly  she'll be the  most beautiful in the entire Iowa waterpark haha ;-)

Check  this out

Yes, that's  a freakin' swim cap!!! haha...I die of cuteness. And my little accessory lover is super happy with it ;-)




Here is a full  body shot, just  to give you an idea of how adorable she'll look  walking around while she's chillin' at the pool ;-)

It's a little big, but  luckily with the "wrinkly" look it's supposed to have, you can't really tell too bad.


And then it started----then bathing suit battle! Raya saw me ooohing and ahhhing over Brielle, taking pics, and giving her general attention for her adorableness. Even Lee was saying how adorable she looked, and he never cares about their clothes haha.

This did NOT go over well with Raya. She started crying and INSISTING that she try on *her* new swimsuit. I had bought her a couple suits for this coming summer awhile back, but  she was adament that I  pull  them out again today and let her  try one on so that she too could have pictures. (Lee and I made sure to ooh and ahh as well for her!)

And let me tell you, Raya only  watches Barney, Dora, and similiar cartoons, but somewhere along the line she picked up some swimsuit modeling pointers, because that girl was bringing it! LOL. No way Brielle was stealing Miss Raya's show :-P



Brielle was royally annoyed that Raya had stolen her thunder!



So Brielle was like "Hey, I can bring it too---move outta my way!"


But then Raya busted a move that had me nearly on the floor with laughter---where does this kid come up with this stuff?!?!


Ok girls, I officially call a TIE on this bathing suit battle :-P 

16 comments:

  1. Brielle's bathing suit outfit is adorable. Raya has got those poses down! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I seriously was just laughing out loud and had to have Tyler come look at these pictures. They are too cute. Who is teaching Raya these amazing poses?

    By the way, got the birthday outfit today. LOVE IT! Kyla really likes the tutu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! No idea where she is getting these poses LOL

      Oh good, glad you got it! Great that Kyla likes the tutu---hopefully that means she'll be happy to leave it on! :-)

      Delete
  3. lol too cute! I see some America's Next Top Models in the making! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Brielle really looks like Raya in these photos! Both are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I am just going to check the blog quick before going to bed!!!!! I am laughing sooo hard, I can just see those two going at it!!!!!!They both look so darn adorable!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bahaha! I don't know what has me laughing more... The poses of the girls, the suit over the clothes, or the suit paired with a pair of socks! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg I love it. Both of them look so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely suit and even more lovely poses! Where on earth did you find it and the swim cap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found it on an online sale board for used clothes--great find! :-) They are both Gymboree brand.

      Delete
  9. LOL!!! Look at Raya! Totally cracks me up!! I have to say that I absolutely love Brielle's bathing suit though!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! And, I just can't get over the cap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cutest suits ever! Which indoor water park are you taking them to? We have a few in des moines, but I was looking at one in Burlington that looked awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first pic Of Brielle in her swim cap might be the cutest thing I've ever seen. And I held a baby bunny this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)