Wednesday, January 30, 2013

We're Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the most  exciting parenting milestones I've had in awhile you guys....taking down our last  remaining baby gate!

For 3 years now I've been gated in my own home. (Raya's first  6 months she sat like a lump in one place, so those don't count haha) I've been  having to step over, around, and through a various maze of child safety protections. I remember at our old house, which had a couple steps down between the living room and kitchen, I would have to walk through THREE gates just to get from my kitchen to my bedroom LOL (only I'm not really laughing---it was super annoying ;-)

At this house it hasn't been quite as bad, and as the girls have gotten older we have  slowly removed various gates and child  safety devices. But *always* we've had a gate at the top of our stairs to the lower level. It's been 3 years  since  we haven't  had one. I hardly even remember what stairs look like without one anymore! And  instinctively I go to open a baby gate when I head downstairs, no mattere where I'm at!

Well you guys, a couple days ago we decided Brielle was ready to go gate free! SWEET FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eating bananas at the  top of our stairs :-)
It's always a little bit sad to realize how quickly they  are growing, but this is one growing moment where no part  of me wishes for them to be little again--- child safety gates, we leave you in our dust!

....and now Brielle, please don't fall down our stairs ;-)

5 comments:

  1. We took our gate down for Kyla's birthday party since everyone was downstairs and it was really annoying. Well we left it off for a couple days after and it was the best thing ever. I could actually carry laundry up and down with ease. Kyla is fine without it. She doesn't go downstairs on her own, but can if she wants to. It got put back up because Dean was coming over to play and I knew him and Kyla would try going down there. But I hear you on this one, I can't wait for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting! Im looking forward to the day when I can have freely accessed plugs again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the dogs!!!!!!!
    Love,
    Grama F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have a "dog gate" in the basement for them haha.

      Delete
  4. You have Freedom!! Nothing like it! =) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)