Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Trendy Tot Tuesday--Sister Style

So as I mentioned yesterday, today I am linking  up for a little blog  hop party featuring tot fashion! I'm not  very experienced in link up parties to  be quite honest, but this one sounded right up my alley so I'm giving it a try. Hopefully I can "meet" a lot of fellow bloggers who love kid fashion as much as I do! :-)  (Go link up yourself at Table for Three )

I wasn't really sure what I should blog about for  today's link  up, and then I decided that since  I theoretically  will have new readers stopping by today I should probably give a little  introduction to my favorite kid's clothing brands, so that you all  know what kind of cuteness you can expect to see here if you stick around. (By the way, have you started following my blog yet? You really  should! :-)

In general I love kid's clothing way too much to stick  to one or two brands. I  keep an open  mind and am likely to find a cute outfit  at Walmart just as easily sometimes as a really pricey brand like Matilda Jane. That  said, I  do have  my favorites, so take a look!

Oh, and in case you haven't met these cuties yet, here are Miss Raya Marie, age 3.5 years, and Miss Brielle,  age 2 years (although these pics were taken a few months ago)

 
 

Probably my favorite  brand right now is Naartjie  .....never  heard of them? Well seriously,  go check  them out! Very few stores in the U.S., but  you can order online. And  frankly  the lack  of local stores makes me love them even more because you pretty much never see another kid wearing the same outfit. Naartjie is always a show stopper out in public because  it's so unique! They  tend to do lots  of ruffles, layers, bell bottom type pants, etc. And the great thing is that they offer every outfit  in about 3-6 color schemes, making it super easy to coordinate the girls in the same outfit, different color :-)

(I'm just using old pictures today, so here are a few Naartjie outfits we've had---the upper  left  corner has the ones  we wore for Thanksgiving this year and they were to die for!)


Perhaps my  favorite Naartjie outfit though is this  throwback to the 80s number...the leggings have attached  legwarmers! hehe.  (oh,  and  my girls don't like sharing the spotlight when they model, as you can see)

(Brielle's  outfit here  was a mix of Gap and Old Navy)

One  of my  other  favorite brands is from the UK---called NEXT . I've only ordered  once, but  LOVE the two  outfits  I got. And again, it's  not  going to be seen  on many other kids  since  it's from the  UK :-P

Here  were the girls  in their NEXT mouse outfits when we first got them---a little big,  but they've since grown into them :-)


My next favorite  brand is probably Gap, but  I tend to buy older  lines  used on ebay or other online forums since we don't have an actual store nearby. I loved the Gap outfits they wore to the pumpkin patch this year!


After Gap is  probably Gymboree. I  do  like  the "matchy matchy" aspect  of Gymboree  haha. The downside is that it's more  popular and  not as  unique. However we still  get lots of people stopping us on the street when Brielle heads out in her giraffe boots! :-)


We love  Gymboree swimsuits too :-)


And of course  matching  Gymboree holiday  pjs---they  make for  great photo ops!


Of  course we like Gymboree's sister company, Crazy 8, as well! These  shoes weren't crazy 8 but we must point  out  the need for cute shoes  :-)


And I  do also love  Target---just wish  they  wouldn't charge as much as Gymboree when I have very hit  and miss  luck with Target quality :-/


Mini Boden is one of the newer brands I've experimented  with during good sales---very cute stuff! And Tea Collection has the comfiest dresses...


And everyone  loves a little Children's Place now and then, right?!


And for  every brand I haven't mentioned, don't worry, I still buy you as well  if you are cute enough! The middle outfit below was one of my favorites, and it was a Walmart shirt, Babies  R Us  vest, Target jeans, and Target  boots---random but  adorable :-)


And  lastly, I  love me a good custom creation too! In case you are new, you should know  that I have an Etsy shop with lots of adorable stuff for  sale---check  me out here at No Paparazzi Please ! I made the "cute chick" Easter  shirts for  the girls last year, and they  are  for sale in my shop now, along with a "chick  magnet" shirt for boys---too cute! The "you are my sunshine" outfit  was a great  seller for me as well, and most recently I made  Brielle's birthday  tutu! (The crown and shirt though were from other  Etsy sellers---I love to support little home businesses!)



So there you have  it, a rundown of my favorite  brands  and an introduction to my two gorgeous girls in case  you are new here. Please follow my blog and stay awhile! (And seriously, I have outdone myself  on stockpiling items for the upcoming spring/summer season---just you wait, you will not believe  the  adorable fashion shows that are in store for you in the coming months!!!! hehe :-)

And  if you didn't play  along this week,  you should  next week!

27 comments:

  1. Your girls are soo darn cute! I love all the adorable outfits...i Really need to check out that NEXT brand too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! NEXT has adorable boy stuff right up your alley I think :-)

      Delete
  2. AAAH LOVE this!!! I have a 6 month old baby girl and am obsessed with baby girl fashion. They are too cute! Would love to link up next Tuesday! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it!! new follower & your girls are just precious! I can not wait to have a second little one, the matching will be overkill i'm sure!! & I'm excited you gave some new stores for me to check out :)

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the matching is always an added bonus :-)

      Delete
  4. Your girls are PRECIOUS! I loved all of these pictures so much! I am your newest follower :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are beautiful and quite the tiny fashionista's! Stopping by from the link up, adorable blog!

    http://lifeinthesetimesblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really made us look bad, haha. You went all out! But I love that you shared all your favorites because I haven't even checked out a couple of them! I need to look at Mini Boden I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was actually much easier than the other options...because I already had all these pictures on my computer and just had to plop them in---I didn't want to actually mess with taking new pics this week! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Seriously, the Raya & Brielle couldn't get any cuter! You did a great job with this post =) Totally makes me want to go on another shopping spree for Emma =) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Emma needs a shopping spree and then you can post about it and link up next Tuesday :-)

      Delete
  8. Such little fashion icons! Gymboree is one of our favorites too, especially for coordinating outfits for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, Gymboree has some adorable nautical boys stuff out right now!

      Delete
  9. little divas! they always look so cute, I love coming to see their outfits so I can find new stuff for Breanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm probably a bad influence haha :-)

      Delete
  10. Your girls are always dressed so cute! You know me...I'm always a fan of matching/coordinating outfits! I'll have to participate next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I always recognize their cute Gymboree outfits in your posts :-)

      Delete
  11. You seriously have little fashionistas on your hands!!!! I love the way you dress your girls!! I too am obsessed with Etsy!! It used to be a little OOC but I've gotten a handle on it! lol

    Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a super fun link up! And yes, Etsy is dangerous haha :-)

      Delete
  12. Your girls are some fashion divas! Thanks for stopping by! I also have Fab Kids Friday on my Facebook page. Feel free to post a pic of your divas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the Next outfits, never heard of it. Going to have to check out!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)