The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger, peer award, used to highlight up and coming, smaller, lesser known blogs that have less than 200 followers. Liebster is an award that you accept with an intention of paying it forward.
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
Ok, so first here are 11 random things about myself:
1) I can't drive at night. If it's dark, even if it's only 7pm, I literally cannot stay awake while driving for more than about 20 minutes. On long car trips it's impossible for me to switch off with Lee and drive at night!
2) I hate baths. A hot tub/jetted tub I do like to sit in, but the idea of taking a regular bath and actually *washing* myself is completely gross to me lol. Why would I want to sit in my own dirty water? lol
3) I got my first sewing machine when Brielle was about 4 months old. I had never used one before that really. Crazy how quickly I became a sewing freak with my Etsy shop! :-P
4) If it didn't make me sick, I would eat a bowl of cereal for every meal, every day.
5) I remember getting in trouble two times in school (I was a goodie goodie! haha). In third grade I sang the Pledge really fast and loud one morning to be funny, and got sent to the hall. And in middle school I was in a gifted program where we often played Oregon Trail on the computer...and one day during the part where you go hunting I shouted out "I shot you, you bastard!" at the computer screen lol. No idea what posessed me to do that--but apparently the animal didn't die when I shot it!
6) I played the piano and flute in school
7) I once (accidentally) ran over a dog and killed it on Easter day...I had my permit and was driving with my family. My brother bawled in the back of the car I remember
8) I love to eat at Panera.
9) I hate cherries, even though I have no memory of actually eating one.
10) I loved dolls growing up, but didn't really care for Barbies.
11) I can't sing.
Ok, and now the questions---rather than answer all 22 questions from the two who nominated me I'm going to pick and choose a few to answer--nap time is almost over and I'm working with limited time here people! ;-)
1. how did you and your spouse meet? On Yahoo personals. Yes, I know...kinda weird and creepy. But nowadays meeting online is so common! And it worked out obviously so I can't complain ;-)
2. how many children do you currently have? Two little
rugrats daughters :-)
3. do you wish you had more or less children? I definitely don't wish I had less. I don't t hink only children are weird or anything, but for me personally I definitely didn't feel our family was complete with only one. And I like the idea of my girls having eachother when I'm gone.
As far as wanting more, as my regular readers know I originally wanted 3 kids, but last year decided I was good with 2. I do like the idea of a large family when I think about holidays and family get togethers--the more the merrier right?! But when I think about the day to day of actually raising more kids I know that I"m good with 2. They joke that you keep having kids until you get it right, and we were lucky to get it "right" with just 2! :-) Plus, you know you are done when your birth control gives you a little scare and you think it's possible you might be pregnant--if you start to freak out about how awful that would be then you are probably done haha....just sayin' :-P
4. what is your dream house & where would it be located? I'm happy with where we are now. A "dream" house would be a little bigger (not much, don't wanna clean it! haha) and would be more custom. Maybe a pond in the backyard. I'm pretty easy to please.
5. what is the most memorable song in your life & why? (ie..wedding song) To be honest there are so many songs that aren't really memorable for any good r eason, but always "take me back" when I hear them. Like Boyz to Men "End of the Road"....I always think about middle school dances and how they always played that song at the very end LOL. Or in high school that song "Blue" ( it went something like "I'm blue ah ba de ah ba da, ab ba de....")...I swear that song played on my drive home from every basketball game when I played in pep band!
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start? I started in college because a lot of my friends/roommates were doing it. Back then no one read my blog other than about 3 people and I mostly blogged about my classes and part time jobs.
7. Favorite Pattern? Currently chevron!
8. What is your favorite blog post you have ever done and why? I have a bunch that I like, all for different reasons! I always like birth stories....
******And now nap time is over!!! That's all you are getting today ;-) Stay tuned tomorrow for Trendy Tot Tuesday!!! No idea what I'm posting about for that yet, but I'll come up with something haha.