Monday, March 25, 2013

Etsy ruffles--- Trendy Tot Tuesday

It's Trendy  Tot Tuesday, yippee! :-) Linking up again with Megan , Lindsay , and Kelly

Today  I decided to let  you all  know about a great deal on denim ruffles I found! In case you haven't discovered denim ruffles on Etsy yet, they are the best way to take your cute shirts and tanks to the next level! Pair a tank top with regular jeans and well, you're just regular! Pair a tank top with denim ruffles and suddenly  you have a show stopping "boutique" outfit :-) Ruffles can get pricey, but I found an Etsy shop selling these denim capris  for $14 ---yes, $14! You can get full  length pants  for only $16...and they are surprisingly nice quality for the price. A little thin for denim, but I kind of like that  for summer. Check out the Etsy shop Embellish Kids !

And check  out my girls modeling these adorable ruffles...Raya was really into her  fashion show this week hehe. Such a pretty girl if I do say so myself!

Check  out that "sass"! :-)


Now the top is  my first ever Matilda Jane (swoon). In case you are unfamiliar with children's boutique brands Matilda Jane is extremely  popular and shall I say insanely pricey! I have never owned any before and never planned to due to the price (and the fact that I don't really understand the ordering process...you have to order from trunk keepers and it's like a secret society lol).

BUT

I occassionally would check ebay to see if anyone posted a crazy cheap piece as a buy it now, and maybe I could snatch it up before anyone else noticed hehe. Well low and behold, awhile back  I stumbled  upon this top and was able to get it for the same price as some Gymboree--wahoo! I think it's the most flattering top Raya's ever  worn. I plan to take her 4 year pictures in this outfit in May, once the weather warms up.




So in addition to  my plug  for the denim ruffles I guess  I'd suggest periodically checking ebay  if you'd like to get a reasonable  deal on your own Matilda Jane! The good thing about Matilda Jane too is that resale is generally very good.

I was feeling very "vintage" on these last two edits :-)




...and  not  to be left  out, Brielle of course got matching ruffles! Hers are paired  with a $1 Gymboree tank that I got at consignment though :-P  (And she insisted on picking that headband ...just go with it)



So  what  about you guys, do you like to shop on Etsy? Let me know  if you've  discovered any  great finds yourself recently! :-)

21 comments:

  1. I love Etsy! Especially around birthday time, great finds for picture outfits, decorations, etc. Your girls are totally adorable, btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving raya's outfit, she looks adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love,love love Rayas outfit!!!!!!!!Brielle also looks adorable, their modeling is priceless!!!!
    Love,Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are so cute! They are perfect little models! I LOVE etsy too! My friend has an ETSY shop and has made a ton of clothes for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Raya's modeling has improved---or at least gotten more entertaining :-)

      Delete
  5. The denim ruffles and the Matilda Jane top are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recommendation on the Etsy shop!! I'm pinning a few for now, until we get over the shock of our most recent credit card bill...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...luckily I have my own Paypal money from my Etsy shop, so Lee never has to see my purchases on the CC bill. Otherwise I'd be in trouble ;-)

      Delete
  7. I have the same MJ top from ebay too. and I agree, it's like a strange secret society that people go CRAZY over! Your girls are dolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know! I hear people talk about sitting around on their computer for days waiting for special releases and stuff lol---I don't quite get it but the stuff sure is cute!

      Delete
  8. Raya is such a little diva. I love it. And her outfit is absolutely GORG!
    Haven't done any ebay shopping, but clearly I need to start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and congrats on the MJ score!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you say freakin' adorable?? Those ruffles are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg!!!! those outfits.....DIE!

    I try and stay off Etsy it can get out of control QUICK lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Raya's outfit. And you can tell she knows she looks good. She's rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That top is the cutest! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can't wait to see her pictures done in it, all though I think yours are pretty fabulous & can those girls pose or what!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had never heard of this but LOVE IT!! I need to find that brand for Guinevere, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)