Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Romper Lovin' -- Trendy Tot Tuesday!

Linking up again for Trendy Tot Tuesday with Megan  , Kelly , and Lindsay!

Today I'm going to come clean about my summer obsession---rompers :-) Rompers  used  to be only for babies, but the last couple years  they've really become popular for older  girls too! Actually  they even  make them  for adult women, but you won't see *me* in a romper any time soon lol---we'll leave the trendsetting to my girls haha.

There is something super  sweet about rompers on the non-baby, walking crowd---they  almost have a vintage feel to me and I just think they  are to die for cute! So needless to say my girls have a little stash of them  for this summer. (Raya does have a couple, but today we're going to focus on Brielle's stash.)

First up, Gymboree's shortall/romper from their Blooming  Nautical line---I picked  this up during the last good sale. There is a long pant  version as well, and both versions have sold out in many  sizes, but there  are still  a few left! (And you might be able to track  it down in store as well).  ETA: They  have done replens online today---yay :-)

Please excuse her  crazy socks, and the fact that she already had a ponytail in so the headband  looks a little  funny ;-)

Pretty girl!

Next up, this romper was Raya's when she was little---from Children's Place. It's size 24 months so I tried  it on Brielle last summer, but she kind of swam in it. Fits much better this summer!

hehe

Doesn't her pose/expression make her  seem like she'd fit in with Honey Boo Boo's family? LOL



Lastly, this is  a Gap romper---I believe from last year's Cannes line. I was in love with this romper and managed to track it down used--only  worn once and in like  new condition,  score! Had to get a 3t though so it's a little big. Hopefully she grows into it this summer, otherwise we'll save it for next year :-)

Look  at those  little thighs!! I die of cuteness :-)


Pretty sure she's the best 2-year-old model  ever ;-)


And now, here are some of my favorite rompers  that  you can get right now!

These are from nextdirect.com ....that company from the UK that  I've mentioned. Love them! Free shipping over $40. Hard to see the pics, but the top left is an adorable  giraffe print! The top right is a denim romper with mice....bottom right is a denim romper with a bumble bee and ladybug....and bottom left  is an adorable  butterfly romper (there is a matching hat too!)

Also  from nextdirect.com ....love the  big girl rompers! The  blue polkadot  would  be adorable on Brielle :-)

These are  from Old Navy---I believe these were kid girl  ones

Also Old Navy, I  believe these were all  baby girl, except the bottom left was newborn girl I think.
The  left is Janie and Jack---they  have the best vintage inspired rompers! I  will never  own one I'm sure  though, b/c even used they are pretty pricey. On the right is Carters---these are your standard baby rompers, but  I thought the whales were cute ;-)

On the left is Gap, and the two on the right are Crazy 8....I love the aqua and red one from Crazy 8---might need that for Raya!
So there you have it---my plug for  rompers! How about you, do you love rompers too? Where is your favorite place to get cute rompers for your own little lady?

21 comments:

  1. These rompers are adorable!! Emma doesn't have any. She did have a ton of rompers when she was really little though! And I hadn't checked out nextdirect.com in a long time, so I just did and they have some super cute clothes out right now. Definitely will be making a purchase soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ordered from NEXT yet this season, but it's definitely tempting!

      Delete
  2. If it were acceptable, I would put my son in one. seriously so so cute, I love that denim one, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely harder for non-infant boys to pull off a romper look haha.

      Delete
  3. Brielle has got to be the cutest model ever!!!!!!!
    Love,
    Grama f

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute model! We love rompers too! We avoided them last summer because we were potty training, but definitely getting a few this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can see how they'd be annoying when potty training---I"ll have to figure out a way around that one :-)

      Delete
  5. Love the look too, very vintage. But, do they have to take the entire romper off when they have to go the bathroom? My daughter is nearly potty trained, and I think it would drive us both crazy is she had to completely undress everytime she wanted to go potty! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for most they do have to undress on the older girls. Brielle is still in diapers and hers snap in the crotch, but when she potty trains it will be a little more annoying. However we always suffer in the name of fashion ;-)

      Delete
  6. I am obsessed with rompers!! Last year, S had one from Gymboree (it was that pineapple Hawaiin-ish line) and she literally lived in it. She had a few others that I got off Zulily. I have a few from Old Navy that I love for this year and of course the Gymboree Nautical one!

    I may still try to squeeze her in to that pineapple one again...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a bit obsessed with rompers. I just got Kaylee 2 for her birthday from Target. My mom is making some cute rompers for Kendall. I love that last one on Brielle, it is adorable. I saved that red romper to my polyvore..hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked Target for rompers---I'll have to look next time I'm there :-)

      Delete
  8. Adorable. And I know they make them for boys, it's just that I can't pull myself to put Drew in one. I'm not sure the hubs would like it either, but those you have posted here for girls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had that old navy denim one for my daughter last year. I really hope it still fits!
    Love the polka dot romper she is wearing. Bubble rompers are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of those!!!!! Rompers are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with rompers, especially in the summer! They're so comfie and easy. I love the denim one! Old Navy and Gap have some seriously cute ones in stock right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rompers are my FAVORITE...and now I think I need to go shopping haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)