Thursday, April 4, 2013

The forgotten post---Easter Eggs

I keep forgetting to blog pictures of our Easter egg dying  this  year! So anyways, here  are pics of our  fun :-) Unfortunately I couldn't find the kit  we've used in years past (with a little roller brush) so we had to do the more typical cups of dye method. Not nearly as fun for the girls because they (and I) are neat freaks :-P I did give them some q-tips that they "painted" with a little.







Like I said, neat  freak :-P

Deep in concentration


Lee was the only creative  one lol...he drew our family picture, complete with both dogs ;-)


What did you guys  use for kits  this  year, or did you come up with your own way to decorate eggs with young kids? I really need to come up with something better for next year---the girls weren't super thrilled with the basic egg decorating!

10 comments:

  1. I love that yours is forgotten...mine is just late ;/ that has got to be the cleanest decorating I have seen. We use a combo of kits & crayons and glue and glitter, its a hot mess. I will have a better plan next year as well :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your eggs... I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that we didn't dye eggs AT ALL. I feel a little less guilty since my daughter did some at school, but still... I just didn't get it together for that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the oversized shirts the girls are wearing. HA!
    We didn't do eggs. There was no way I was letting my little tornado get his hands on multiple cups of egg dye. Nothankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried doing some with Kool-aid. they worked pretty well and smelled yummy!! You have to be careful because not all the flavors do well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://pinterest.com/pin/214976582184239658/

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.momto2poshlildivas.com/2012/04/fun-ways-to-decorate-easter-eggs-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/03/50-fun-easter-egg-decorating-ideas-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://pinterest.com/pin/214976582184821898/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel absolutely horrible. This is the first year we didn't do eggs =( And thankfully Emma hasn't mentioned it at all. Lets hope she has forgot. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna do a post once we get back from vacation. But you may have seen the shaving cream eggs on pinterest....we did those bit used whip cream instead so it would be edible

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)