Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My new lens came!

How perfect---my  new camera lens (that I mentioned wanting to get last week  I believe) came today, which just happens to be the day that I'm watching our friend Finn, so I of course had  to try out the lens with my cute subjects! :-)  I've only  used the lens for about 30 minutes so far, so I am still getting used to it. But  so far it's exactly what I was wanting! It does sooooo much better taking pictures  indoors without a flash, and I'm loving all the background blur I can get <3

Here are a few of my favs from today's trial run!

This is probably my favorite of the whole day---check out Finn's pouty lip (after Raya stole his bouncey ball lol) ....too cute!  (Don't worry, I made her give it back)









I'd tried a lot of different edits for all these photos, so excuse the  inconsistency :-P




Raya wasn't in the mood for photos, so I only have this one of her bouncing on the ball :-)




PO'd that  his shoe came off! haha




And then these are some indoor ones...





Expect lots more photos this week  I'm sure! :-)

11 comments:

  1. Finn's eyes are beautiful. He's gotten so big. What kind if lens did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up getting the 50mm 1.8...so a prime lens---no zoom so mainly for portrait photography :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, these pictures are so good! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a gift! I wish I lived closer to you so you could take our pictures. :)

    I totally see Raya in that picture of Brielle hugging the tree.

    Finn is super cute; he totally grew up since I have last seen him on here. How old is he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was 1 year in late March :-) The girls were very impressed that he's walking now, and he moo'd like a cow and said "ball" which they loved LOL

      Delete
  4. The inside ones look fantastic to be inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you would love this lens! It's a really great lens =) And your pictures are GREAT!!! Finn is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great pics!!!!!!!Raya was not in the mood because someone else was getting some of the attention!!!!!!!
    Love,Grama F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look amazing!! You are making me want to bust out my prime lens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got this lens about 2 months ago and I LOVE it! Your pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)