Sunday, July 21, 2013

Potty Training update---hopefully our last!

So if you've been following my blog for awhile you know that months ago we potty trained Brielle "successfully"....she went a few weeks with very few accidents. Then suddenly she just lost interest. We never went back to diapers, but we were having lots of accidents (multiple times a day) and she stopped telling us she needed to go. About a week ago I decided to do some bandaid training---she loves Dora bandaids and wears them all the time! ----so she earned a bandaid for going potty and was able to keep it as long as she stayed dry---if she went in her pants I took off the bandaid and threw it away, and she couldn't earn another until the next day. Well I am happy to say that as of today she's gone FOUR DAYS without an accident. I am about ready to declare her potty trained, yet again lol. She still wears a pull up at night, but does wake up dry about 75% of the time.

As added incentive Lee got a giant bunny when he was home last (it was his as a kid I guess) and he put it on top of the fridge and said Brielle could have it if she stayed dry for 2 days straight. So after she did that she earned the bunny and I took some (bad quality) pics lol





In other news we had a great time at the fair yesterday---the girls rode a few rides, saw the animals, had icecream cones and funnel cake, and more!

Oh, here are a couple random pics from Friday, of the girls making a "hammock" and watching TV together lol
No idea why the screen looks weird.

two pottery barn chairs turned upside down and covered with a blanket!

And lastly, what they're wearing today! (I figure I annoy 50% of you with the clothing updates, but I know a good chunk of you enjoy them lol....plus I've discovered if I take a picture of their outfits every day I can easily use those pics to sell the clothes later, and save myself some time!)

Brielle is wearing Crazy 8 (the girls wore these outfits for Easter you may remember)

Raya is wearing old school Naartjie that we bought used. Hard to tell, but it's actually a very pale yellow.


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, your girls always have the cutest clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brielle looks so excited to get that bunny! Too cute! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that she is all potty trained now!

    Love the girls outfits as always =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Brielle!! Who knew bandaids were so valuable?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Brielle! What a great way to keep her motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Brielle, you go girl with your potty trained self!

    The girls look adorable in all their clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas on the potty training... band-aids and stuffed bunnies! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments--please say "Hi!" :-)